[Chapter xvB] + [If This Isn't Love]

++

My weakness I must finally show ~ Mumford & Sons

++

Previously on Hanger in a Closet:

“Because my diary contains all my secrets. They contain everything and anything I could never tell you guys. Some of the things I wrote were hurtful and mean towards you guys” – Harry looks at Niall –“ and King and Nick and Ed knew what I wrote because they were there when I vented about training, singing, writing songs and whatnot. But now, Mr X is going to post things I’ve never told anyone. My relationship with Caroline, my mother, my father, my sister Georgia-“

“You have a sister other than Gemma?” Niall asks, his mouth dropping to the floor. “Since when?”

Ignoring him he continues. “My addictions with drugs and alcohol and whatever and… and… other stuff.”

“What other stuff?” Niall asks, still processing what Harry was telling him. This was all new to him, it was like he was looking at Harry naked, no, not like that. Bare is a better word. He was looking at Harry bare, brick by brick, his wall was falling down and he knew there was something behind those walls he was hiding. He was hiding the jackpot of all secrets. “What other stuff?” he asks again.

“Nothing,” Harry growls.

“Mate, if you tell him now we’ll move past this,” Conor says.

“You only know because you accidentally saw me and Nick kissing against the kitchen counter at King’s party-”

A loud gasp emerges from Niall’s lips, his mouth forming an ‘O’, his eyes wide open and stuck like that for literally 30 seconds.

“Shit balls!”

Shit, he forgot about Niall.

 “You kissed Nick?” he gushes rapidly. “You like Nick? When did you kiss him? Do you even like-So are you-OMG! When did you kiss- Does that make you gay? Does it? I can’t even! Are you gay Harry? “

“No,” he says weakly but Niall catches on, already processing in his mind that his best mate was gay. His Harry was gay! GAY! G.A.Y!

“So… how? Wait, is this what you’re sooo afraid of?” Niall wonders, still reeling over the fact that Harry practically came out of the closet. “Is it?”

“Yes… but there’re other stuff too,” Harry says. Niall ran to him, pinning him in between his arms in a hug, mumbling things like, “I love you even if you’re gay” and “It doesn’t matter if you’re gay” and “No wonder you wear skinny jeans!” The bigger picture was that he wasn’t a hanger in a closet anymore. He gazed at King and from the corner of his mouth he could see him smiling because he was proud his best friend finally came out to those who matter to him and also because the air out of him was being pushed out by Niall.

“You did it,” King mouths and Harry smiles because yes, it felt liberating to not be a hanger in the closet. Yes his heart was beating, his head was clouded and he felt his knees getting weak beneath him but generally he was brimming with smiles and glee.

“I’m so proud of you Hazza,” Niall gushes, gazing at his friend from an arm’s length.

“You’ve said that before,” Harry smiles.

“I don’t think I have. I’m so proud of you for coming out to me even though it was by accident,” Niall says, teary and all. “I’m so proud to call you my best friend and band mate all rolled into one. You’re like my older brother who I can trust. But don’t listen to what management are going ot say if you ever come out because I will always be here with you no matter what happens to you. And I love the fact that you’re gay.”