[[Chapter xvii] + [CSI: One Direction]

++

But this has got the best of me and I just can’t sleep. And it’s not because you’re not with me it’s because you never leave ~ Bring Me The Horizon

++

Previously on Hanger in a Closet :

Harry’s jaw dropped to the floor, Liam gasped, Zayn frowned at Mark, I mean how dare he insult his best friend and Louis held his hand tightly. But Niall was the only one who understood what Mark was insinuating but that was no right to call him a monster.

“You have absolute no right to call him that, he’s a good guy,” Niall snarled.

“No, you don’t understand Niall,” Simon said.

“No you don’t understand,” Niall protested.

He turned to Harry. “You’ve gone crazy and you’re a monster! And yes, Gemma called me saying the last conversation you both had. You’re insane Harry. You’re out of control and quite frankly, if you don’t bring your songs by Thursday, I will admit you to the London Mental Hospital.”

“You can’t do that,” Harry said, his voice rising, alarm bells ringing.

“Actually I can. I have evidence from your sister that you are insane and if you take me to court, which I know you will, she will testify against you.”

“You’re crazy, Gemma would never do that,” Zayn snorted.

“Why would she do that?” Niall asked confused.

“Why would my sister go against me?” Harry asked.

“Because she’ll do anything to bring her old brother back,” he replied calmly. “Even if it means you going there for life.”

“Life?” Louis asked.

“I may want Harry out of the band but don’t do this to him,” Liam confessed.

“It’s never that serious Simon,” Zayn said.

“It is,” Simon said, his eyes all over a nervous, sweaty Harry whose fingers were twitching for a cigarette. “So this is it, you either write the songs or you go to the mental hospital for the rest of your life. Your choice Harry.”

“So let me get this straight, you need to write your songs by Friday, which is tomorrow or else you’ll be shipped off to mental captivity for the rest of your life?” Lana asks after I tell her what happened at the last meeting with Modest! and Simon and all those creepy losers of the entertainment industry.

“Those are the bullet points, yeah,” I say sipping  my tropical juice with shots of vodka in it. Yup, you guessed it, we are on a date for publicity. Yes, this crap is still going on. And right on time, I can spot paparazzi with their huge cameras behind cars, buildings, litter bins and that loser standing behind a pole. Oh shit, that’s a fan! Oops!

Lana chews down her cinnamon roll with her coated cherry blossom lipstick lips. “You’re obviously not going to go are you?”

“Nope,” I shake my head. “I have a plan.”

That I don’t even know about, my inner god scoffs.

“Yet you’re inside my head,” I say out loud. Lana pauses and squints her eyes at me, wondering what I’m talking about. “Nothing.”

Haha, my inner god laughs. Loser!

“Yeah, maybe Simon was right in taking you to that hospital,” she sticks out her tongue. I give her the evil eye and she drops the subject. “What is your plan?”