[Chapter xix] + [X Factor]

Previously on Hanger in a Closet:

“Why didn’t you save him?” Niall shouts at Mr X but it looks like he was shouting at all of them. “Why?”

“What are you on about Niall?” Liam asks, helping him up.

“You could have saved him,” Niall gushes as Liam holds him up and walks him inside the apartment.

“What’s he talking about?” Louis questions.

“Niall, are you okay?” Zayn asks.

“You could have saved him but you’re torturing him right now. You have no idea what he’s been up to since yesterday, keeping himself up at night, drinking water but it’s actually alcohol, smoking, crying his eyes out… you know what’s he doing because you understand. So I’m asking you please don’t let him do this-”

“What are you saying Niall?” Liam questions.

“This is going to kill him and you know it. You may have thought you lost Harry but you haven’t. You can still save him. You have a chance of bringing the old Harry back. You can start by not posting the next entry and trust me Harry will forgive you for it. You just-”

“He’s talking sicko. I think he’s dehydrated,” Zayn says and rushes back with a glass of water.

“I’m begging you please don’t let Harry do this,” Niall pleas his eyes looking at Mr X directly.

“Do what?” Louis questions.

“Come out of the closet,” he says.

Louis stares.

Niall stares back.

“He’s gay Louis,” he whispers. “Harry is gay.”

“I hope this is working.” Harry looked straight at the camera, sitting cross-legged on the grass on this sunny Friday. “I’m not used to doing this by myself so hopefully this works.

This was it.

Harry had set up the whole live stream – that’s what Directioners thought it was – and was adjusting the camera so his big head of curls could all fit on a tiny screen. He fiddled with something to his left, pulling out a blue beanie.

“Is this what he’s going to do now?” Louis questioned as Harry introduced himself. After they had gotten Niall to calm down, explain what he meant by Harry being gay [“He’s into men, Louis, men,” Liam explained], called King, Nick and Conor up and together, all sat semi-circle around the Louis’ Macbook, watching Harry put his curls under his beanie.

“600, 009 views?” Zayn gasped, reading the Views count and it kept on rising by 50, 000 every 20 seconds.

Harry nervously laughed before speaking again. “Wow, this is hard for me. So recently Mr X rose from the ashes and is spilling all my secrets to the world and he’s posting a new entry today evening… an entry that I wasn’t prepared to tell anyone but Mr X is not going to make a coward out of me so I’ll do what Mr X is going to do… I hope that makes sense.”

“He looks nervous,” Louis noted. His eyebrows were raised, his heart rate elevated and was eating a whole container of ice cream. By himself.

“Of course he is, he’s about to come out of the closet,” Nick rolled his eyes. He glanced at him, shook his head and then back at Harry. This was all Louis’ fault, he thought to himself. 

“So… I think I’ll start from the beginning because if I start halfway you will all be confused and also I’m on a time limit of 20 minutes. This isn’t a Twitcam but more of a… well, you figure that out in the end. Okay, here we go,” he introduced. He straightens himself up, blinked several times, replaced his beanie with a beige fedora [“That stupid hat,” King said] and moved the camera, giving a guess to where he was.