[Chapter xiii] + [Sleepwalking]

++

But you are not alone in this, as brothers we will stand and hold your hand ~ Mumford & Sons

 ++

Previously on Hanger in a Closet:

“Harry talk to me,” Louis pleaded, looking into Harry’s green eyes. He shut his eyes, streams of water pouring through the seam lines.

Harry thought about the drugs he was taking, all the alcohol his body was swimming in, the smoke that now made home in his lungs, the friends he ignored including the one he was being held by….. The weight of the world was pushing him down; everything he burnt, everyone he ignored, the fun he had without caring who he hurt on the way.

“It hurts,” Harry gurgled on his tears, his voice aching through the walls of the bathroom. Louis looked up and saw Liam, Zayn and Niall, all of them confused and worried about their lad.

And that’s when it really sank in: that these god damn drugs won’t fix him. The multiple colored drugs, the 21 Jump Street drugs, the therapy, the booty calls, the cigarettes he smoked hourly… none of these would fix him. He naively thought that he would cure the gay monster in him but unfortunately the gay monster won.

And that’s when it hit him that being gay was hard wired into his body, woven into his soul that no drug or eight hundred pound bottle would cure it. He was stuck with his monster.

“Make it stop, please make it stop,” he continued, pleading to Louis, wetting both their faces with his hot, sour tears.

What then would happen if the drugs couldn’t fix him? He could end it all right now? He could kill the monster inside of him, the monster that destroyed his ENTIRE life.

But how?

“POLICE, OPEN UP!”

The four lads had gone past their mild panic and anxiety attacks when Harry banged his head on the sink and carried him onto his bed.

And this is where they all were now, looking at Harry’s lifeless body, wondering if he was dead or not, on his bed.

“Who the hell is that?”

Zayn panics . “Shit, it’s the police!”

“No, shit Sherlock,” Louis says, rolling his eyes.

“THIS IS THE POLICE! IF YOU DON’T OPEN UP WE WILL KNOCK DOWN YOUR DOOR IN FIVE SECONDS!”

“What do we do?” Louis asks, holding Harry’s hand into his.

“This is the plan guys,” Liam says, his words coming out at the same time as his cognitive process. “Zayn and I will go to the door and answer the police-”

“FIVE SECONDS OR WE BREAK DOWN THE DOOR!”

Liam rushes through his sentence. “Niall get Harry’s phone and call King or Nick and tell him exactly what has just happened and Louis you watch over Harry. Go!”

Liam and Zayn sprint to the front door, Niall gushes around the room looking for Harry’s phone [which was under the bed] as Louis squeezed Harry’s cold fingers into his, silently praying to a god he doesn’t believe in.

“What’s King’s number?” Niall asks.

“Check his recent calls… pass the phone,” Louis says. Niall hands him the phone and presses two on the phone,

“He’s on speed dial?” Niall asks, more to himself.

Hi Harry! What’s up man?

“This is Louis actually,” Louis answers the phone. “Please help us!”