[Chapter viii] + [Dancing Flack]

++

I don’t love you but I always will – The Civil Wars

++

Previously on Hanger in a Closet:

“Is it for fun? Do you think he’s being influenced by cockhead and his friends?” I ask Eleanor, tasting bile in my mouth.

It’s simple literature. I think this problem started before they came into the picture. Drugs aren’t It’s simple literature. I think this problem started before they came into the picture. Drugs aren’t taken for fun as they usually mask something underneath that the person is feeling, either to suppress the pain or to get rid of it.

“What does Harry want to get rid of?” I ask. I have a flashback of when we were all in a meeting with Modest! about starting a worldwide tour and Harry did mention something about quitting which to be honest took me by surprise despite my childish hate for him. As if reading my thoughts Eleanor speaks.

I think this whole singing thing is adding to his drug problem as well. But Louis, no matter what I know he won’t quit the band.

“He said so himself, he sometimes wishes he could quit,” I say from memory because those words are tattooed on my heart. Yes, I took them to heart because out of all of us the first person who I thought would say those words is Zayn, not Harry.

I don’t care what he said Louis. He’s the last person who would quit because he loves his job so much, every minute and second of it he really does because he knows he’s very lucky to be where he is. Out of all of you I think he’ll be the only one still doing what he does until he’s weathered and people are asking why isn’t he dead yet.

I chuckle. “Like Keith Richards.”

Exactly!

“I don’t get how someone can change can so fast,” I hum. “It’s been two months and he’s a completely new person.”

He just stopped acting how all of you told him who to act like.

And now:

 “Hello Mr Styles, may I help you?” the receptionist smiles upon seeing my familiar face. She was the receptionist to Caroline Flack’s TV business or whatever she did here. I never got what she did because all I could think about was getting her to bed. Ayye!

“Hello, is Caroline Flack in?” I inquire as formal as I possibly can. It’s a good thing I wore my blue blazer, white V-neck and the black skinnies that my ex always loved on me.

“Yes she is but she’s in a meeting-”