Chapter 1: The Breakup

Above is your best friend's outfit for later in the chapter. (src: google)

April 20. 8:00am. 

WARNING: a few mature themes and mild language.

YOUR POV

"Cause he's the L to the I to the N to the K!-"

I jump out of bed and hazily glance at my bedside table to see my phone ringing. I answer the call straight away, as it was my boyfriend, Aiden, who was calling. He knows I wake up late!

"Hey babe." I say, ruffling my messy hair as I criss-cross on my bed. "Uh Y/n?" he says from the other line in a different tone. "What's wrong Ai?" I say worriedly. 

"I think we should break up..."

Aiden has been my boyfriend for quite a long time now, and we hardly have any fights. Why on Earth would he wanna break up with me?

"Wh-what? W-why?" I barely say, as my eyes start to tear up. "I just don't think this relationship is working out anymore..." he says once again in that weird tone. Before I can even open my mouth to reply, he hangs up the phone.

I stare at the wall with our pictures as tears stream down my face. I grab a pillow and bury my face into it while waterfalls start flowing out from each of my eyes. 

"SHUT UP!"

I put down the pillow and slowly grab my phone as my 'shut up' text tone plays. I unlock the phone and read the just sent text from... Aiden?

'Hey Madison! I finally broke up with that bitch of a girlfriend of mine :p Wanna have some endless fun at your place?? ;)'

I my eyes widen and my mouth falls to the floor. HOW COULD HE DO THIS TO ME?!! AND AFTER ALL I'VE DONE FOR HIM!!! I begin to type a reply, roughly tapping the keyboard as I shake from furiousness.

'You might wanna watch who you send your message to before getting excited. Glad we broke up asshole! Hope you go to hell "babe"!  😘'

I type send, then throw my phone at the wall, smashing a picture frame which had a picture of us in it. I then regrettingly run over to my phone, praying that the shock proof case I bought on Amazon case did it justice, while salty tears continue to blur my vision. I grab my unharmed phone, slip it into my pajama pocket, then sweep up the broken glass. I then remove all of the other pictures of Aiden out of their frames and run out of my house to yeet them all into the bigger garbage can outside, where they all belong.

I then rush back into the house, slamming the front door. I finally let everything out, sliding down the door. "FIRETRUCK ALL THE CHEATERS IN THIS WORLD!!!!" I scream, sobbing uncontrollably, forgetting about my still asleep best friend and roommate.

"What in the- oH MY GOD. Y/N WHAT'S WRONG!?" she gasped, dashing over to me. 

BEST FRIEND'S POV

"c-cheaTER! HE CHEATED ON ME!!!" Y/n screamed through sobs. I sit down beside her and let her cry on my shoulder as she ranted uncontrollably. Y/n was the sweetest and most loyal person I've ever met. Her and Aiden used to be inseperable! I can't believe he would actually cheat on her after all she's done for him! What a fake piece of shit that son of a gun is!

When she finally seemed to calm down, she decided to take a cold shower. I offered to bring her to one of her favorite places in Sacramento. The local Starbucks! I washed my face, put on some light makeup, then tied my hair into a messy bun. I slipped on a black crop top, some black high-waisted skinny jeans, a denim vest, and some red vans. I walked over to the living room, then waited on the couch. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

This is my second ever published story on Wattpad, plus it's my first [blank] x reader!

Also, just so you guys know, Aiden wasn't based off a real person. •p•