C H A P T E R S E V E N

"My heart beats in almosts. It's constantly in pursuit of those whom it desires but the moment it comes too close, it stops, turns, and bolts in the other direction. I hold onto what makes me miserable and I let the good things go. I'm self-destructive" I said. "It's the way I've always been."

"And why do you think that is?"

"Because it's simpler to destroy something you love," I said. "Than it is to watch it leave."

- Beau Taplin

▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Andrew tightened his hold on the glass of red wine he was holding. If he applied anymore force, he knew the glass would break.

But he didn't care.

He turned, smiled slightly and agreed to something a business partner had said. He didn't give a fuck; he wasn't even listening to what they were telling him anyway.

Instead, his focus was completely on someone else.

And that someone else was the center of his world.

She looked beautiful tonight. So fucking beautiful.

The green dress, his favorite color, looked perfect on her. Everything was perfect about her.

He loved her eyes. Her soft brown eyes held every bit of emotion but what he loved was the care they held for him. No one had ever looked at him with that much care and love before.

And her smile, that was the only reason he had fallen in love with her in the first place.

Her shy smile. The smile that would light up his world every day.

But what was pissing him off was the no-good, pathetic excuse of a best friend who was dancing with her. Dancing with his wife.

Before he could stop himself, he placed his glass on the table and made his way over to his wife.

He didn't bother to think about anything, about why he was doing what he was. All that mattered was that he needed to get that prick away from his wife.

"I'll take it from here." He cut in.

He didn't even spare Sebastian a glance. His eyes were always on her as she slowly looked up at him, her smile fading away as her eyes met his.

"Of course. Here." Sebastian gently pulled away from Anisha and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead.

Andrew stiffened instantly as Sebastian looked at his wife in such a loving manner. The kind of way that Andrew was supposed to look at her like.

He took her hand, pulling her closer to him.

She was his and only his. His eyes met with Sebastian's with a clear warning. To keep away from what was his.

Andrew wasn't dumb. He knew Sebastian had feelings for his wife. But he always made sure to remind him that Anisha was his wife.

Sebastian smirked in response. "Just a word of advice, I'd be careful if I were you, Hayes. Your wife might just find someone better. After all, you seem to have lost your charm."

Andrew clenched his teeth as he stared at Sebastian walk away.

He turned to his wife and kept his eyes on her as she looked up at him, his hands pulling her closer to him. He could see the confusion in her eyes, why was he even dancing with her and holding her with so much love and care.