C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

" 'You were the moon. All this time. And he was always there for you to make you shine.'

'Was he the sun?'

'No, honey, he was the darkness.' "

- kazekirion

▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Anisha slowly made her way downstairs, holding a sleepy Mira in her hands. Her eyes darkened with anger as she looked between Andrew and Amanda.

"What's going on here?" She stood a few feet away from the both of them, glancing between them with irritation. She couldn't fucking believe that Andrew would invite his mistress over to her house.

She felt bitter. She felt resentful.

She had stood in front of the bathroom mirror for a while trying to clean up the mess she had made after throwing up blood. It was only a little bit of blood. But for her, every little bit of blood was important.

After making sure she was in fact going to be okay, she had then tried to wake her daughter up, grabbing the fairy wand from the toy basket in Mira's room and commanding Mira to wake up and get ready. Mira had laughed and taken the wand out of her mother's hands and instead commanded her mother to carry her downstairs.

Her exact words had been "go horsey go."

But Anisha was weak, very weak. She had struggled to carry her daughter. But the minute Mira had kissed her mother's cheek and wrapped her arms around her mother, Anisha couldn't stop the small tear that had slid down her cheek.

But she had wiped it away before Mira could see.

Because life wasn't fair.

Because Anisha didn't deserve any of this. She didn't deserve a single bit of it.

And as she looked between her husband and the woman he was fucking, all she felt was bitterness. All she felt was sour bitterness.

Bitterness towards life. Bitterness towards her husband. Bitterness towards her husband's mistress.

And she also felt sorry.

Sorry that she had stayed so long. Sorry that she had let him hurt her like this. Sorry that she had even tried.

But bitter. She was bitter.

Because it was her who was suffering. She was the one who was ill. She was always the one who was crying. She was always the one who was always trying.

Because life wasn't fucking fair. And deep down, she didn't want things to end.

She wanted to get better. She still had some kind of fucking hope that maybe she could be saved. And that she would be okay. She still had some kind of fucking hope that maybe one of these days Sebastian would find something from a blood test result that could prove she was getting better. She wanted to get better.

But it wasn't fair. She didn't deserve this.

And everything that had ever happened to her- every tear she had shed, every night she had stayed awake waiting for him, every harsh word she listened to, every heartbreak she had endured, every bit of pain she had ever felt, it all finally got to her. And all she felt was bitter.

She smiled, deviously as her husband shook his head and gave her a pleading look. His stiff posture and the distress in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by her.

But she didn't care.

Anisha didn't care.

She didn't care at all anymore.