S E B A S T I A N

"I'm too lazy to find a quote." 

- me

▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▲▼▲▼

Six Months Later

Amanda nervously fixed her hair, waiting as she rang the doorbell again. 

It was a little early. 7 AM.

But Sebastian, he was always up at six. She remembered. 

She brushed her bangs to the side, her hair now a light brown color.

She had needed a change. And that was what she'd done. Six months now. She was better. And she was going to be okay. 

She hadn't heard a word from Andrew or Sebastian.

The only thing was, Sebastian had actually gotten her brother's license suspended. He'd kept his word. And she'd expected him to. Where she fell in the mess she'd created, she wasn't entirely sure. 

And Andrew, she didn't know. Last she'd heard after she had quit her job was that he was working less, his days jumbled as he tried to raise his kids and balance it with the struggling company.

Desperately, she'd wanted to reach out to him. To ask him how he was doing, how he was. But she didn't.

She didn't want to make the same mistake, not twice.

He didn't love her. He hadn't. But she did. She had loved Andrew. Still did.

She rang the doorbell again. The front door frantically opening as a girl opened the door, her face flushed, hair messy, lips swollen.

"Um, hi?" 

Amanda didn't say anything, her eyes taking note of the girl. She was beautiful, no doubt. Disregarding her, Amanda looked away.

"Hi, is Sebastian there?" That was who Amanda wanted to see. That was who she needed to see.

She wearily eyed the woman in front of her as she turned and called for Sebastian. Who she was, Amanda didn't know.

She smiled softly. She just needed to see him. Her smile slowly faded and so did every bit of hope that he'd forgive her as he grinned at the girl who'd opened the door, his hand on her waist as he whispered something in her tear, teasing her. 

Amanda hoped the whoever the woman was, she was just a one-night kind of thing for him. She gulped, clearing her throat as Sebastian finally noticed her standing in the doorway. His green eyes, a mess.

He awkwardly rubbed his neck, mumbling something to the girl again as she nodded and walked back into the house. 

"Hi." Her voice was soft, a whisper as he nodded at her. Her eyes set on his as she stood there, falling in love with him, all over again. 

The black t-shirt, fitted, outlined. His light-washed jeans. Black hair, short. And the way he looked at her, like she didn't always make mistakes. 

Maybe that was why she had finally gathered the courage to see him, once and again. 

"I don't mean to be rude but what are you doing here?" He awkwardly looked away as she shook her head. 

"I...I just wanted to see you." She just needed to, wanted to. "I...I."

"Andrew knows that your brother was the one who helped you change the medical records. You didn't do anything wrong. Except for the fact that you ruined her life." Almost bitterly, he spat at her. "But it doesn't even matter, she's dead. Nothing even matters."