C H A P T E R T H I R T Y

"I know so many last words. But I will never know hers."

- John Green

(lol I've actually never read a book by John Green before.)

▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Andrew stepped on the accelerator, pulling into the hospital circle.

Rushing.

The phone call. The receptionist's words. Anisha. Hospital.

It was all spinning around him.

He'd been driving to meet her at the ice cream shop when he'd gotten the phone call.

Anisha fainted. She had. And she was in the hospital.

Andrew knew one thing for certain. And that was most of the time, good things didn't happen at hospital. Especially for him.

He slammed the car door shut, cursing as the roses fell to the ground. Scattered and torn apart. Without bothering to pick up the roses she'd wanted, he tossed the keys to his Tesla to the valet. He didn't even bother telling the valet to be careful with his car.

Anisha was all he cared about. He didn't know what was going on or what he was even doing. All he knew was that something was wrong with Anisha.

That Anisha was in the hospital.

His mind was blank. And he was surrounded by fear.

Aimlessly, he rushed, practically running to the front desk.

"Anisha Hayes, she was admitted a while ago."

He impatiently tapped his fingers against the desk. He needed to know what was wrong with her. Where she was and if she was okay.

He let out a frustrated sigh, drumming against the desk lightly with his hands as the receptionist smiled, unaware of how irritated he was.

"What was the patient's last name?"

"Hayes. H like hair. A like apple. Y like..."

"I can spell."

He shrugged as she looked at her computer screen.

"First name."

"Anisha." He awkwardly shuffled his feet around. "She's my wife."

"Okay. She's currently in surgery. She should be done in about an hour and she'll be transferred to the fifth floor for recovery. You can go on ahead to the fifth floor. Take a left once you get off the elevator and there should be a waiting room. The doctor will talk to you shortly after."

"Is she okay?" His breathing was heavy, nervous and fearful.

"I'm sorry I can't disclose patient information."

Without another word, Andrew rushed, pressing the up button for the elevator. He kept clicking the button, over and over, frantically.

He ran a hand through his hair, frustrated as he waited for the elevator. He looked around and his gaze stopped on the big board on the wall - a list of all the hospital departments, floors and specialties.

With furrowed eyebrows, he looked for the fifth floor, hoping to figure out anything about what was wrong with Anisha. Figure out why she was on the fifth floor.

Instead, he turned around as the elevator opened. He pressed the button for the fifth floor, his hands visibly shaking.

He was afraid. That's all it was.