C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T

"I wanna know where does love go to die
Is it some sad empty castle in the sky."

- but we lost it x pink

▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼ ▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Andrew stared at the text. It was the first time Anisha had ever texted in a really long time.

Buy me roses.

Roses. Anisha wanted roses.

He couldn't even remember the last time he'd bought her flowers or anything else. Nor could he remember the last time she'd asked for him to buy her something.

"Sir, you have a meeting in five."

He looked up from his phone to find his new PA standing in the doorway. Then he looked down at his phone, staring at her message.

"I need to go. Cancel the meeting."

Andrew quickly stood up, grabbing his phone and suit jacket. His phone ringing with another text.

Meet me at the ice cream shop. The one by the pier.

"But they can't reschedule. We need this deal to make up for the losses from the last quarter."

He shrugged, ignoring her as he walked out of his office.

One chance. He had this one chance to save whatever was left of his marriage. He had this one chance to fix things with his wife.

He was going to make things right.

▯▮▮▯▮▯▮▯▮▯▮▯▯▮▯▮▮▯▮▯▮▯▮▯▮▯▯▮

Note - Franco was Cassie's ex-boyfriend 

Anisha looked out the glass window. She'd found a table in the corner of the small bakery, secluded and far away from everyone else.

She glanced outside, looking at the beautiful waves and cloudy sky before she looked back down at her phone.

She scrolled up and down on her contact list, staring at Andrew's name for a few seconds before she finally clicked it on and typed in a text.

She wanted him to buy her roses, pink roses. And she wanted him to meet her at the pier.

At the place he'd first kissed her, she'd tell him her final goodbye.

"Are you ready to order?" Anisha looked up as the waiter asked for the second time that morning.

"Just a glass of water, please." She smiled softly before looking back down at her phone.

Franco had texted her that he'd left home more than thirty minutes ago. But then again, she hadn't talked to him after Cassie's funeral. She had no idea where he even lived or if he had moved on.

Her heart fluttered and she let out a small laugh as the door opened and Franco walked in, a baby girl in his arms and a little girl running around in front of him.

She slowly stood up as he made his way over to her. Her bony fingers grasped onto the edge of the table as she struggled to stand up.

She felt a little dizzy and she couldn't remember if she had taken her pills that morning. She'd been in a rush to meet Sebastian. And now, she couldn't even remember if she had taken the pills.