Chapter 3

Over the past few days I’ve been talking to Aiden constantly. My mom has caught me a couple of times texting at the dinner table, which I agree is very rude, but I love talking to Aiden. Every day even when we don’t have volleyball practice I take her home. I’ve made Michael sit in the back when she’s in the car. He gets so mad I think it’s cute and funny. We pick on him all the time.

            Tonight, it’s the first football game of the season, and everyone is pumped up. Since it is Friday, my dad will be at the game with Michael and I. My mom will be there too with her boyfriend Freak, I mean Frank. I don’t like her boyfriend that much.

            I swing my butt side to side in a sexy way dancing to music as I hold my phone. I send texts to a bunch of my friends about the game tonight. I look at Aiden’s text.

            Aiden: Wish me luck. I’m visiting my dad at the jail in a few minutes.

            Me: Good luck. If something goes wrong I’ll cheer you up at the game tonight :).

            “Ewww, Kadence stop dancing like that.”

            I jump a little and turn around with my hand over my heart. I stare at my little brother.

            “Why not? Does this embarrass you?” I laugh.

            “No, I just don’t wanna think my sister does that kind of thing.”

            I roll my eyes with a smile, and I walk over to the doorway. I wrap my arm around his shoulder and press him against my side. I walk him in my room.

            “I don’t do that kind of thing. You better not be doing that kind of thing.” I point my finger at him. He tries biting it then I smack him on his head. He holds his head rubbing it. “You’re in for a ride at homecoming. If you’re going with a girl it won’t surprise me if she dances dirty.”

            He looks at me with his eyes wide. I remove my arm from his shoulders and I turn the music up. I hold my hand out.

            “C’mon, dance with me chicken.”

            He raises his eyebrow and shakes his head.

            “Now.” I demand.

            He walks over to me and dances with me. I take a deep breath. “Man, you’re so tall now. You’re like 6ft.”

            I start dancing in a fun way with him. I laugh at him as he pulls out some weird dance moves.

            “Is that supposed to impress girls?”

            “Alright, I’m outta here.” He stops dancing and walks away. I grab his arm and pull him back in the room. “I’m kidding. Do you actually know how to dance?”

            “Yeah.”

            I put my finger on my chin thinking. “Hmm. Dance then.” I turn around and put on a good hip-hop song. I press my butt against my dresser and I lift myself up on my dresser sitting on it.

            He starts dancing to the rhythm of the song. My eyes widen a little as I realize he actually does know how to dance. I smile at him dancing well.

            “Aww, my little bubby knows how to dance.” I say in a baby voice to make him mad. He rolls his eyes.

            “What are we going to do at dads?” He stops dancing.