Chapter 26

NOTE:--------> That's Kadence's prom dress.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Prom: Part 1 of 2

“Ahh, that feels nice…and tickles.” I giggle as a middle-aged, beautiful, and blonde-haired woman washes my feet in bubbling, soapy, warm water.

            At 7pm the prom will be starting tonight so all of my friends and I am sitting in a chair getting pedicures, etc. My mom is sitting next to me getting her the same things we are. I decided to pay for the whole thing for both of us. She’s been stressing out a lot trying to make sure I’m okay, and going out of her way to do everything to fix the huge hole that was dug in our relationship. I’m proud of her for that. We also visited Nicole’s grave. It was a long drive, but I’ve never seen my mom so gentle, or look at something with so much care in her eyes.

            She told me that Aiden’s dad knew about her and Nicole, and all hell broke loose when he found that out. He told my mom to never come around Nicole if she saw her. Now I’m kind of afraid if he notices who I am, or finds out whose daughter I am. I know that Aiden will protect me though.

            Aiden isn’t here with us, because we said that we weren’t going to see each other all day until tonight; kind of like a wedding. She doesn’t really like these kinds of things anyways, in fact it’s very rare for her to say ‘let’s go get our nails/toenails done’.

            “Yeah, it will for some.” The woman says with a smile.

            “Hey, mom. Are you having fun there?” I look at my mom weirdly as I notice she’s been reading the same page with a female model in a bathing suit for a while.

            She looks at me, and turns the next page. “What are you talking about, sweetie?” She asks in a naïve/nice tone.

            I just laugh at her rolling my eyes. She’s finally able to show what she actually likes, because I understand, well I am gay. Even if I wasn’t gay I would understand her likes for girls and guys.

            She smiles at me and looks back at the magazine.

            “I love how you find me to be oblivious, mother.” I say as I hold my phone up, and text Aiden back.

            “Oh, dear, I don’t find you oblivious. You’re very smart.”

            “Mhm.” I mumble and lift my feet out of the water when the lady wants me to. I set them on a towel to let them dry as she walks away with the little tub thing that I had my feet in. I wait for her to come back to do my toenails.

            “I love treatments like these.” Hannah says, whose sitting next to me.

            I look at her and smile. “They feel amazing, right?”

            “Amazing? More than amazing!” Lauren jumps in, whose sitting next to Hannah.

            We both laugh at her excitement over getting her feet done. I shake my head and text Aiden constantly while my feet are getting dried by the lady.

            “You have very pretty feet.” She says looking up at me.

            I look down at her sitting my phone in my lap. “Thank you. I take good care of my feet.” I smile. It was true; I did take good care of my feet. I took good care of any part of my body, because I’ll only have this body once. Why ruin my body with drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, or dip? Or sitting on my butt every day, eating and eating? I think it’s important to take care of my body since I only live once.