Chapter 28

NOTE:----------------> This is the last chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed this long, long, long story lol. I had a fun time writing it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Lake East,”

            My nerves begin to kick in as my classmate who is before me, since there are only two people with the last name that start with E’s in my class, is called up to the stage on the football field to get his diploma. I see camera flashing when he shakes our principal’s hand, and receives his diploma. I look behind me at Aiden, which is odd that she is the first person in the D’s last names, and is right after me and I’m last in the E’s. She smiles at me big, and gives me a nudge.

            “Kadence Emerson,”

            I let out a deep breath, and walk up the steps lifting gown a little from the ground. I smile showing off my white teeth as I approach the principal. He smiles back, and I grab my advanced diploma as I shake his other hand. I look at my mom near the front taking a picture. I smile big at the camera, and so does my principal. After she takes the picture I look at my principal once more and he says:

            “Good job. We’ll miss you here.”

            “Thank you so much.” I say, and walk off the stage to stand in front of my chair. I slide my body in front of other’s who are seated, and I sit down next to Lake.

            “Aiden Deters,”

            I smile big as I can see her shaking a little from nerves. I look over in the parent’s audience to see her grandparents, and her dad taking pictures of her. She smiles towards their way, and makes her way off of the stage to be seated next to be.

            She sits down next to me and looks at me with a smile on her face, but teary-eyed. “Are we going to throw our caps up together?” She asks me in a hushed tone.

            “Yes, but I want to watch where mine goes. I’m going to keep it.” I whisper back.

            She giggles quietly to me saying that, and I just smile to her giggling. I actually want to keep my cap. There’s nothing wrong with that…

            “Ladies and gentleman,” The principal pauses staring around in the crowd, and he leans towards the microphone again. “May I present to you; Class of 2012!”

            A roar takes over the students, and we call scream throwing our caps up in the air. Of course I watch where mine goes. Everyone claps their hands, and everyone in the audience stands up. People start to walk away from their seats, and I walk over getting my cap. I hug my mom and dad tightly when they approach me.

            “I’m proud of you sweetheart.” My dad whispers and pats my back. He releases me and stares in my eyes. I’ve never seen this muscular man teary-eyed before. I smile, and kiss his cheek, pulling him into a hug again.

            “It’s okay dad. Don’t cry, be a man.” I say jokingly.

            “Yeah right.” He says with a laugh.

            I pull out of his hug, and watch as my mom walks over to Aiden. I stare at her dad as he stares at my mom. I think he recognizes her, but she probably doesn’t care. She embraces Aiden into her arms, and whispers something to her. I smile as Aiden smiles and cries a little at the same time. She pulls out of my mom’s hug, and I notice she says ‘thank you’ to her. My mom walks back over to us.