Chapter 7

NOTE:-----------> That's Kadence's homecoming dress. Remember that for the next two chapters (Part 1 and 2 of Homecoming)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                 "What about this dress?”

            I hold up a dark purple dress that is strapless, has a strap with a bow around mid-stomach, and has a ruffle look on the other part of the dress under the strap. I hold the hanger by the hook part with my finger and I look at my friends for opinions.

            We decided to go shopping a day before homecoming and before the homecoming parade at 5:00. We’re going to be in the parade, because we played powered puff football. Of course the main focus is the football players who have a winning streak of 11 games out of 11. I’m excited to throw candy to random people; hopefully to not hit them in the head.

            “I like that dress.” Terry says and she holds the dress by its side.

            “You should try it on.” Hannah says. I look over at her and she starts pushing me towards the dressing rooms.

            “Hannah!” I say loudly.

            “Well, go on!”

            I open the door in the dressing room and glare at Hannah before I shut it. I lay my stuff down on the bench in the small room. I take off my shirt and casual skinny jeans after I slide my shoes off. I unsnap my bra since this dress doesn’t need one, and I slip on the dress slowly staring at myself in the mirror. I bite my lip wondering if I look really good in this dress. I grab on the door handle and open the door. All of my friends turn their attention to me with their mouths opened.

            “What? Does this look bad on me?” I look down at the dress and grab each side of it.

            They all come up to me saying a bunch of things at once. I try to listen to each of them, but all I hear is ‘it’s amazing’, ‘beautiful’, ‘loving it’.

            I feel my face turning red from all of the attention and eyes on me.

            “Okay, I’m taking this off now.” I say and quickly get into the dressing room. I grab my phone out of my purse and I take a picture. I pull up Aiden’s number and send her the picture.

            Me: (Attachment): This is the dress! :).

            I take off the dress and put it on its hanger. I put my clothes back on and leave the dressing room to pay for the dress.

            “Did you find everything okay, miss?” The lady behind the counter asks as she ring’s up my dress.

            “Yes, M’am I did.”

            I stare at the screen facing me. My eyes widen as the price pops up. I forgot to look at the price. I take a deep breath and pull out 156$ from my wallet and hand her the money. I have never spent that much money on one dress before. I grab my dress and receive a receipt from the lady.

            “Thank you. Come again.” She smiles at me. I smile back and walk away to my friends while they browse through a bunch of dresses.

            “Okay everyone! The parade is beginning now.” Mrs. Skeens, our school principal, says.

            The float starts to move and I stand with my friends holding candy in a basket. We’re all wearing our powered puff football jerseys. I fought to have the number 15, because that’s my favorite and lucky number. I smile and wave as we pass by people cheering. I throw candy out in front of the sidewalks so it’ll be easier for people to see. All in the meanwhile, our cheerleaders are cheering in front of us, there’s the cheering from the crowd, music is playing, and banner’s are held up in the street celebrating the football team.