Chapter 18

I got a nose piercing where I wanted it, and it hurt like hell, but I had Aiden there holding my hand so it comforted me a bit. She got her tongue pierced a bit after that, and for the whole week she had it pierced I couldn't stop laughing at her, because she would talk like peanut butter was stuck on the roof of her mouth. She hasn't eaten much, because it would be painful for her, but she's able to eat better now. But I decided to get a tattoo with her even though my mom did say no, I'm 18 and it's my body so what the hell?

            I'm at a tattoo place about to get my first tattoo, and my nerves are really getting to me.

            "What tattoo are you getting?" Aiden asks from the chair next to me. I turn my head to her and cross my leg over the other.

            "A dove that has written underneath it together we'll fly away and be together far away. And I want your initials in a tiny print in the dove."

            "I like it." She smiles. "I'm going to get a shamrock, because your Irish and it'll remind me of you."

            I smile big feeling happy inside that she's going to get a tattoo of a shamrock, just because I'm Irish. "That's sweet."

            I lean back in my chair awaiting mine and Aiden's turn to get our tattoos. I stare around in the busy room filled with different kind of people. Some are big biker looking dudes who already have tattoos, some are buff women, skinny girls with their boyfriends. I jump to the sound of some girl screaming from a room near me. I look at Aiden with my eyes widen a bit. She shrugs her shoulders and grabs a magazine reading it with a smirk on her face. I open my mouth to her evil mind, and I lean back in my seat crossing my arms.

            "Kadence and Aiden." A muscular, tan, tall, short-haired, man calls out our names from the doorway of his room. Aiden and I get up, and walk into the room together. He shuts the door behind us and we look around at the huge room filled with different designs, tools, etc.

            "You girls nervous?" He asks as he cleans his equipment.

            "I'm very nervous, I don't know about this one here." I say giggling showing my nervousness.

            He smiles at us, and sets up his equipment to where he needs it to be. "Okay, who's first?"

            I look at Aiden at the same time she looks at me. She gives me the look 'you're going first', but I give it to her back so she actually starts to get into the chair making herself feel comfortable.

            "Alrighty, what kind of tattoo did you want?" He asks.

            She pulls out a piece of paper with a picture of a shamrock on it. I pull up a chair in front of the side of the chair she's in so I can hold her hand. The tattoo artist takes the paper, and stares at it for a moment. "Hmm, okay, anything you'd like to go with it?"

            "I want the initials; KRE in a small print inside the shamrock."

            My heart flutters to her saying that and I smile at her.

            "Are these your initials?"

            "No, they're hers." She says pointing to me. He looks at me then at her realizing we're a couple, and he nods his head and surprisingly he's not being judgmental.

            "Cool, cool. Where do you want the tattoo?"

            "On my left shoulder blade."