Chapter 8

NOTE:-------------> Kadence's hairstyle, but of course her hair is black. But I will expose Aiden's dress in the next part. The next part will be way better than this part, and I'm sure it'll be longer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         Homecoming: Part 1 of 2

Me: You never showed me what you’re wearing to homecoming.

            I send a text to Aiden while I lock my door, and I un wrap the towel from around my body. I was defiantly not going to homecoming without showering first. I’m so excited for tonight. I’ve never been so excited about homecoming before, and I’m not sure why. I put my deodorant on and look at my phone when a text appears.

            Aiden: It’s a surprise ;). It’s not like your dress.

            Me: :), alright. I trust you.

            I set my phone down. I look through my dresser trying to find dark purple underwear that matches my dress. I pull them out and set them on the dresser. I look over at my closet door as my dress hangs up on a hook. I smile. This is the best dress I’ve had before. Purple is my favorite color so it’s a plus. I run my hand over it making sure there’s nothing wrong with it. I walk back to my dresser and put on my underwear.

            “Kadence, your friends will be here in 40 minutes!” My mom yells from downstairs. I walk over to my door and unlock it. I press my bare chest to the back of it and crack it open a little.

            “Okay! I’m just getting ready.” I shut my door and lock it again.

            My mom hasn’t spoken to me about religious things anymore. I haven’t mentioned Aiden in a while either to her. It feels like that conversation never happened.

            I stare at my dress and after a minute of staring at it I slip it on slowly. I look at myself in the mirror adjusting my dress slightly at my chest area. I turn my body around and look back behind me at the mirror to see if everything looks okay. I turn back around and take a deep breath holding my stomach thinking of Aiden. She’s making me nervous for tonight for some reason. I know this isn’t an actual date, but I’m glad I’ll be going with my friends especially her. I brush my hair and start to pin it up a little bit and let it hang to the side a little. It looks like a spread out poof that’s to the side in the back of my hair. I grab a pencil from my desk and do an old curl trick.

            “Kadence.” Michael knocks at my door.

            “Hold on.” I say and I take my separated single bangs and I wrap it around my pencil curling it a little. I set my pencil down on the dresser and walk to my door opening it. I stare at my brother in his dress pants, tucked in blue shirt, with a black tie, and his face clean shaven.

            “Awwwwww, look at you!” I smile big.

            He blushes a bit which makes me smile even more. “Could you help me with my hair? It’s too curly.”

            “Yeah, sure. Come in.” I move out of his way and he stands in my room. I walk to my desk and set my straightener on it turning it on. I rarely use it, because my hair is naturally thin straight. I only use it if my hair gets frizzy.

            I pull out my rolly-chair from underneath my desk. “Sit.” I say. He sits down in the chair. “I have to finish getting ready, but wait for the straightener to finish and I’ll straighten your hair.”