Chapter 15

Only a week away until I get my report card, and I know for sure that I have brought up my grades, because I asked to see my grades. All of my classes have A’s except for Government & History, which is a B, but I can pull that up with the test we have to take tomorrow. Aiden is staying the night at my house, and for some reason my mom agreed to that, but I do need to keep my grades up so I have learned my lesson.

            “What could we do tonight?” Aiden asks.

            “Um, I’m not sure. Is there something in particular you’d like to do?” I keep staring at my laptop screen as I check my mail.

            “I could give you a massage.”

            I turn around staring at her and she stares at me back keeping her eyes on me. “Massage what exactly?” I ask suspicious and I raise my eyebrow.

            “I know your knee still isn’t okay, I mean you’ve been wearing that thing-“ She points at the knee brace staring at it. “For about 3 weeks. Maybe you should try letting it breathe like the physical therapist said. I thought I’d make you feel better by massaging it, and maybe your feet.”

            “My feet are ugly.” I say and turn around checking my mail again.

            I feel a jerk against my chair, and I roll backwards with her holding on to the top of the chair. She spins the chair around in front of the bed, and she sits down in front of me. I stare at her skeptical of what she’s about to do. She grabs lotion off of my nightstand and lays it next to her all the while she stares in my eyes as she takes my knee brace off slowly and gently as if it my knee would break with the touch of her fingers. She lays the knee brace to the side on my bed, and leans down to gently grab my foot and slowly she raises my foot up to her thigh and lays it there. I don’t feel pain as she does that, and I think of how gently she can really be with me, and it’s nice.

            “It’s going to be cold.” She says pressing on the lotion bottle allowing the lotion to land in the palm of her hand.

            I take in a deep breath, and smile at her. “My knee awaits the coldness.”

            She rubs the lotion in her hands making them covered up in it, and she starts rubbing my knee. I tickle a little to the coldness, and she smiles at me with a goofy smile that she’ll do sometimes. Slowly she rubs my knee carefully and gently not missing a spot. She rubs the lotion in underneath my knee where a crease is, around it, and on the knee cap, which I had broken. It actually feels really good when she does this.

            “Hey, Kade.” Michael says from my door. Kade is my nickname for him.

            Aiden and I stare towards the door, but she continues to rub my knee in circular motions.

            “Yeah?”

            “I’m going out with my friends. I called mom to ask if I could go and she said yes that I should let you know where I was.”

            “Okay, have fun.” I say and smile at him. He shuts my door and walks away and I look at Aiden realizing that we are all alone in this house right now. “I think he’s going to his girlfriend’s house.” I say, because of my gut feeling of it being true.

            “Looks like your brother has grown up.” She comments, which makes me giggle.

            “It’s a little scary.”

            I stare her eyes thinking of something evil. I wait till she looks down at my knee.

            “Ow!” I pretend to yelp in pain. I put my hands around my knee, and she opens her eyes wide staring at me.