Chapter 5

Sneaking out: Part 2

“Two tickets to Titanic 3-D, please.” Aiden says to the girl behind the counter once it’s our turn.

            I forgot that Titanic was out in 3-D at midnight tonight. There are so many people here it’s crazy. All of the theater rooms are playing Titanic 3-D, except for one that’s replaying The Hunger Games. Aiden is going to see me cry for the first time. Titanic makes me cry like a baby.

            The lady hands Aiden our tickets and we walk into the line where we get our popcorn, etc.

            “I totally forgot Titanic was coming out at midnight.” I mention.

            “I knew it would be out today. I didn’t want to bother you while you were at your dad’s.” She replies.

            I look at her. “You wouldn’t have bothered me.” I give her a smile. She smiles back, but stares down at my leg. I look down at my leg that has a line of blood going down it. My eyes widen a little. “Oh shit.” I say. An elderly lady turns around looking at me. I look at her. “Excuse me, I’m sorry.” I apologize nicely. She turns back around ignoring me.

            Aiden looks at me and laughs a little.

            “I should go get that cleaned up. It probably was from when I fell.”

            “I’ll stay and get us popcorn and drinks. Do you want any candy? Now is the chance. There’s a bunch of people here.” She says looking around then back at me.

            “I want some milk duds. I looovee those.”

            “Okay, if I get out of this line before you get back I’ll be over by that bench.” She points over at a bench near the bathrooms. I nod at her then I walk away to the bathroom. I freeze when I see a bunch of women literally flooding the bathroom. I grab a paper towel and wet it.

            “Oh jesus, are you okay?” I look up from my leg to a woman.

            “Yes, I’m okay. Thank you for asking.” I smile at her. She smiles back and leaves the bathroom.

            I tap the wet paper towel against my cut. I bite my lip as it stings a little. I clean off the blood that ran down my leg and throw the towel away. I wash my hands, but I look up in the mirror to make sure I look okay before I leave the bathroom.

            I walk out of the bathroom looking for Aiden, and I find her sitting on the bench. I look at the big bucket of popcorn and the drinks and candy that surrounds her. I laugh a little.

            “You look like you need some help.”

            “I do actually.” She smiles and stands up grabbing as much as she can. I take things from her hands and raise my eyebrow. “I got some of it.” I say. I carry the candy and my drink as we walk into a theater room. I stare at the seats that are almost completely filled. “Wow.” The word slips through my lips while I stare up at the top.

            “You lead the way.” I say.

            She starts walking up the stairs all the way to the top and finds open seats. She sits down and takes a deep breath. I sit down next to her.

            “I’ve never been in a movie theater so busy before.” She says.

            “Why not?”