Chapter 6

Your P.O.V.

I finish the last bite of my whole pie and spread out across the grass outside.

"Finally done?"

Marshall ask while throwing a now gray apple in the nearby bushes.

"Yeah. I started that pie this afternoon and finished by nightfall. Because of you!"

He chuckles and shrugs and starts to strum random tunes on his guitar. He lays next to me still strumming tunes. I love the way Marshall feels next to me, even though he's cold, he isn't with me. All I feel is warm next to him and I dont want it to go.

I fall into his music and fall asleep.

*********************************

I feel myself being lifted and the air blowing in my face. Guessing Marshall is bringing me back to the castle. I nuzzle my head into his chest and I hear him quietly chuckle and I feel it on his chest. I notice Marshall's heart doesn't beat but I think sometimes I feel it move, I think it's just me going crazy. He props me up a little and keeps going. Soon the smell of Candy invades my nose and I'm on a bed and a kiss is planted on my forehead. I open my eyes to see Marshall about to head out the window.

Marshall P.O.V.

Im about to head out y/n window with the warmth lingering on my lips, no matter what she makes me all warm.

"Don't go."

I stop and turn to see y/n sitting up in bed with her (eye color) orbs staring at me and reflecting off the moonlight.

"Please."

She says. I walk over to her and she moves over in her bed. I sit down and smile and she smiles back.

"Why?"

I ask as I put my hand on hers. She looks down at her hands and I do too. I look back up to be met with her beautiful eyes. I put my other hand on her cheek and move a little closer. "I don't know what it is, but... it's like I need you."

I say trailing my finger along her jawline. She shivers, but not a cold shiver.

"I feel the same way."

She says. I realize we both are leaning in and before I know our lips collide and a warm rush goes through my body. The way my hands feel on her body and hers on mine. I lay her down and we stop to gather our breathing.
She hugs me and I hug back. We lay besides each other, with y/n in my arms and her head on my chest.

"Good night pretty stranger."

"Good night Vampire King."