Dean x Reader: Rethinking

I woke up to Sam shaking me. "We've got a hunt. Get dressed, we'll get breakfast on the way."
"Okay." I yawned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I reached into my duffle bag by my bedside and grabbed a Metallica shirt, jeans and and a leather jacket.
I went into the bathroom to put on my makeup, because yes, even hunters needed to not look like vampires. I threw my hair up loosely into a bun. I headed out and climbed into the middle backseat of the Impala. "So where we headed and why boys?" I say, closing the door.
"A man and wife were found dead in there home. The house was a mess and only one survived."
"Okay, who was it?"
"The 3 month old baby girl." I put my hands over my mouth as Sam said the last of it.
"No." I said.
"Unfortunately so." Dean said, turning left. "And it'll be a long drive, so if you two wanna sleep, be my guest."
I loved Dean, he was an amazing boyfriend. I smiled at him in the rear view mirror then laid down on the backseat and dozed off.
-------------------
"We're here babe." Dean kissed my forehead as I woke up. He smiled and helped me out of the car.
I pulled my jacket around me, it was colder here than at the bunker. Dean had his suit on, so I decided to change into mine in the car. I had a business shirt and a white blouse. I also had a suit jacket and heels. My hair down, I looked professional.
Dean and I walked to the door to see cops inside. We walked in, flashed our badges and I looked around while he talked.
I walked into the back room and saw a cop guy holding a baby girl. She had a pink flowery onesie on and was crying.
"Oh!" I walked over and he handed her to me. "It's okay. What's her name?"
"Hello, miss. Are you with someone?"
"FBI." I managed to pull out my badge with one hand. I bounced the baby girl.
"Ah, I'm sorry Agent. We don't know her name. We call her Lily."
"Ah, Lily. Hi Lily. Hi!" She looked at me when I said her 'name'. "Do you men mind if I take care of her until we find her a home? She way to young to go to an orphanage or something." I looked at her start to smile.
"No problem ma'am. We will start our search though for a good home."
"Thank you sir." I walked out and saw that Dean was gone. I thanked the other cops and told the sheriff what was gonna go on with the baby. He said that he'd get on it and I walked out.
"Is that Lily?" I heard Sam's voice to the front of me. I looked up from her to see they were already in the car.
"Yeah, we are going to take care of her until we can get her a better home." I say. Dean's eyes were staring at her and I.
"Okay, we're gonna go get lunch and a hotel, ya coming?" I laughed and crawled in the back. I wrapped her in her blanket and cradled her.
She started to drift off to sleep. "Guys, if we're gonna keep her we're gonna have to get some baby stuff." I say quietly, trying not to wake her.
"Sam go ahead and get us a room. Y/N and I will go get some supplies." Sam crawled out of the car as I crawled into the front seat with her.
"She really is a cutie." Dean looked at her. His eyes were full of love and gentleness.
"You want one don't you...?" I said, almost laughing. I've never seen Dean like this.
"Maybe. I always wanted to be a father. With the hunter's life, I never could." I laughed.
"Well, you can be a temporary father." I raised my eyebrows at him and smiled. His eyes lit up in a way that I loved.
Dean pulled up to a store and I set her in the front as we took turns changing.
We walked into the store and picked out some baby food and diapers. We got a car seat and a high chair. She was started to turn in her sleep. "I think she's hungry. But I don't know if she used bottles or breast fed." I look at her toss and turn in my arms.
"We'll get some bottles and then if that doesn't work, we'll try the other way." He looks around and turns down an aisle that has bottle stuff. We grab a couple bottles and a milk powder to use.
We end up checking out and then meeting Sam at the hotel room. I end up making her a crib on the couch by compiling blankets and pillows. I set her in it while I make her a bottle. She's gonna wake up soon. As I think that, she starts crying. "Hold on sweetie, I'll be right there." I shake the bottle to mix it up. I pick her up and hold her with one hand while I put the bottle in her mouth.
She take it at first but then spits it out and starts crying again. "Dean!" I call. He comes out of the other side of the room. "Yes?"
"She won't take the bottle." I try it again, maybe it was just the first time. She rejects it faster this time. "What should I do?" He looks at her crying.
"You know what." He grabs me a towel and tells me to use the bathroom. God I'm really doing this. Ha, I don't know how.
I take her into the bathroom and sit on the toilet. I close the door with my foot and then take the towel to cover and then take a deep breath. God this is weird, but if it's all she'll eat, then so be it.
(Dean's P.O.V.)
I see the door close and then I sit back down with Sam in front of the tv. "What's going on?" He asks.
"The kid wouldn't take a bottle so she's trying to breast feed it." Sam nods. He looks a little weirded out.
"It's all she'll eat. It's better than shoving something it doesn't want down the poor things' throat." Sam nods in agreement. We continue to stare at the tv.
(Your P.O.V.)
She pulls away and I sit her up. I know that I'll have to burp her soon. I pull my shirt up and put the towel over my shoulder. I open the door again. I walk out patting her back, over my shoulder.
"Did it work?" Dean turns around.
I nod. He nods back and turns around. I hear my phone ring as she burps. I take the towel and throw it into the dirty laundry bin.
I answer my phone. "Hello. Is this Agent Cortez?"
"Yes?"
"We've found a home for the baby."
"Oh...okay." This got Dean's attention. He looked up and started shaking his head 'no'. He got up and started mouthing 'I love her too much'.
"One moment." I put him on hold so he wouldn't hear us.
"I love the way you and her connect. It's like she's yours. Y/N. I want to keep her." I looked at him shocked but happy. I picked my phone back up.
In an excited tone I said "We're keeping her but thank you for your work!" I hung up the phone and hugged Dean tightly, leaning on my tight so the baby wouldn't get too much pressure.
"We adopted." I say to him quietly.
"Maybe next time we won't have to." He smiled and lightly kissed me. I smiled after he backed away.
"Maybe." I smiled again and sat down on my bed and sat her next to me. I was tired.
----------------------------
I'm back biznitches!! (Don't ask)
Oh! I'm so happy that I had this idea, even it's a bad imagine, I tried and it's a longer one. It might not have a good beginning because I wrote this on the spot because I didn't want to loose it all.
Thanks guys, I'll probably have more coming this way!
~Alesa💩