Chapter Thirteen

The days turned to weeks; and the weeks turned to months, and my first year in the house had gone by.

Jay and I had been slowly uncovering each other's lives. I had been happy living in the house with the three of them. Alix and I had become good friends and she was almost like a sister to me now. Seth was like an older brother and Jay was as sweet as ever. It was hard for me to think of how bitter he used to be towards me, but I used to be quite a mean person too. Jay had softened me and I was more loving around him because I knew he liked it.

Today, Alix and I were going shopping. She had to force the idea on me but I gave in. Alix had said that she and Seth were going away for a week on a vacation to Paris. I had noticed that she had a thing for other countries, based on her decorations and the things she talked about. It was going to be their anniversary, so they wanted to do something special. Seth rented them a hotel in Paris to spend a while there; alone. I thought it was really sweet of him to do that.

"Okay Chicka, you ready to get going?" Alix said while putting on her shoes.

"Yeah! Let's go." I said slinging my jacket over my shoulders and zipping it up. Today it was snowing, but not too badly. I put on some boots and stood up to say goodbye to Jay.

"Okay guys, be careful. The storm is going to get bad in a few hours." Jay said taking my hand.

"Don't worry about us Jay, I will protect Kayc'. We are just gonna hit the mall." She said. "Hey have you ever gotten a tattoo?" Alix joked. Jay's expression hardened and he glared at Alix who was laughing.

"No tattoos!" Jay said. I stroked his face.

"You mean you don't want me to get your name tattooed on my butt?" I joked. He glared at me.

"Alix you better not take her to get a tattoo." He said, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Calm down, we will only shop I swear. Now let's get going! We are wasting gas." She said, talking about how she had started her Jeep to warm up about 30 minutes ago.

"Alright have fun and I will see you guys later." He said hugging me.

"Bye Jay." I said as he lightly kissed my head.

It was amazing how in just a year we had all grown so much closer. Alix and I left the house and I climbed into the passenger side of her Jeep. It was like a sauna in here from it running for so long.

"Geez could it be any hotter in here?" I joked as I turned the heat off.

"Well I didn't know if you would get cold, and I also needed to defrost the windshield because I was not about to ruin my boots scraping off ice." She said. I chuckled. We made our way down the roads to the mall. Once we arrived, we quickly went inside to avoid getting snowed on.

"So where to first?" I asked.

"Well I wanted to get a new bathing suit and also some more leggings." She said.

"Alright let's do it!" I said as we walked into our first store. She bought a new bathing suit like what she wanted to do. It was a red and white striped bikini and the red almost perfectly matched the color of her bright hair. She also got some cute leggings with splatter paint patterns while we were there.

"Anything else you wanna get? The storm is gonna get bad soon." I said looking out the large window in the center of the mall. I looked out the glass doors of the mall that lead outside and saw the snow was picking up and whirling around the parking lot.

"Yes, but we can make it stop if we need to." She said with a wink and I rolled my eyes. "But I don't think I need anything else here. I think I'm good!"