Chapter Nineteen

I closed my eyes and a rainbow of colors filled my field of vision. I gripped Jays hand as a new world appeared in front of me in a foggy scene.

I saw Alix in a wedding dress, walking down a long, red isle. It looked like she and Seth were getting married. She looked so happy and so did everyone around them. The pastel colored flowers that lined her veil made her look beautiful. The train on her dress fell behind her as she walked and Seth smiled excitedly at her while Jay patted his back in approval. I was standing on the other side of the isle with some other, unrecognizable women. My gaze was locked on Jay in his tuxedo. He looked very nice dressed up. The ladies, including myself, on the other side of the isle were all in matching pink dresses and were watching Alix intently. It was like I was seeing it all happen from a birds eye view. I could look over everything happening in the moment.

I shot my eyes open and looked at Jay, who was sitting on the couch next to me. Alix and Seth were looking at me and Jay smiled at me.

"What the hell was that?" I asked scared. Alix and Seth laughed at me and Jay rubbed my hand with his thumb gently.

"That was your power." He said smiling.

"My what?" I asked, very confused.

"Do you remember when I told you when you die, you would get powers like us, but I didn't tell you what they would be?" He said. I nodded. "Well that was it. You can see the future Kayce." He said.

"No way!" I said happily.

"Well what did you see?" Alix asked eager to hear my reply.

"Um, well it was a wedding." I started, trying to recall my vision. "You and Seth were getting married. And Jay was there, and so was I. It was really sweet." I said looking at them and he sweetly leaned over and kissed her. "I can't believe I can see the future. This is so cool!" I said happily.

"I know it is." Jay said.

"You can see the future too can't you?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah I can if I want to, but I have to try really hard and my visions are very vague. I can see the future but not as vividly as you can. Your power is special." He said and I nuzzled his cheek and kissed it lightly.

A few hours passed and Jay and I went upstairs to our bedroom. I changed into some sweatpants and a tee shirt and climbed into bed next to Jay. He cradled me in his arms and I lightly stroked his chest with my fingers.

"Are you upset that I'm not alive anymore?" I asked looking up at him. I really hoped that he wouldn't hold my decision to die against me. I only did it to protect him.

"No, I mean I wish that you would have gotten a chance to experience living a bit longer. Just to grow up and stuff, but I love you like this too." He said.

"Well I see this as a good thing. We can now, do things, without worry of me getting hurt, and your father won't bother us for a while so we can be happy now."

"Yes those are good things. But I wish you hadn't died the way you did. I didn't expect that to happen. He could have hurt you so badly and that risk was not worth it. He was hurting me worse than ever before but none of that mattered when I saw your lifeless body fall to the ground and your neck get sliced by his knife." He said sadly. I looked into his stone eyes that were locked with mine. He started nervously sucking his lip into his mouth and I brought my hand up to his face to stroke his cheek.

"Jay, I'm okay now. So are you. How bad did he cut you?" I asked. He sighed and showed me his arm, where the scars and some newer looking engravings laid on his flawless skin. His wrists had burn marks from the ropes too. I traced it with my fingers lightly and he winced in pain. "I don't understand. You're basically invincible. How did this hurt you?"

"I'm not invincible Kayc'. And he didn't use just any knife. It was an Underworld instrument. The knife has a special blade that causes immense pain and can scar people like me. If he used the tool on a mortal, it could kill them with one scratch. That's how you died. All it took was one scratch. I'm just a little sore from it still." He said shrugging. I brought his arm up to meet my lips and placed them gently on the scars. I traced the marks over with my thumb softly again and looked into his gleaming eyes.

"He won't hurt you anymore. We are safe now." I said and leaned up to kiss him. He smirked and pushed on to my lips harder. He leaned me back on the bed and gently held my body in his arms. Even though I knew I wasn't as weak as I had been last time he kissed me, his touches still left me limp. He caressed down to my hips and trailed his lips to my neck. I exhaled softly as he kissed and sucked on my weak spot, sending the familiar tingles through my body.

"I won't let anything, or anyone hurt you. Never again, I swear." He whispered into my ear before gently kissing my neck again and pulling away to look into my eyes. I smiled and grabbed his face in my hands, bringing him closer to me.

"To be fair it was my decision to get hurt this time so you didn't let it happen." I remarked and he rolled his eyes and smirked at me. I rubbed his cheek with my thumb. "I know you'll always keep me safe. I love you, so much." I said and he softly pecked my lips.

"I love you too." He said and kissed me passionately. I moaned as his tongue ran across my lips trying to enter my mouth. I smirked and separated my lips allowing him in. I pushed my tongue against his as he reached to the end of my shirt. I helped him pull it over my head and he quickly took off his shirt too. I smirked and slowly ran my hands up his muscular chest, trailing them up to his hair and lightly tugging on the ends of it, he smirked against me as I did this. I reached to the shorts he was wearing and slowly pulled them off his body, leaving him only in his boxers. He moaned and nibbled on my bottom lip and pulled it between his teeth as he took my sweat pants off. I arched my back and pressed my body against his as I flipped on top of him. He reached behind me and fiddled with the clip on my bra before it fell off my body and on to his chest. He tossed it off the bed and moaned lightly against my lips and moved me under him again. He moved his lips to my neck and kissed it passionately. He trailed his lips over my cheek and gently pecked my lips.

"That's all for tonight. It's been a long few days and I would rather spend it just cuddling with you, instead of all of this." He panted his words and his breath trailed down my bare chest. I nodded, agreeing with him and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately again. He got off of me and laid beside me, slinging his arm over my waist, holding me close to him. I pressed my head to his chest and he traced circles on my back.

"So can we really be together now? Without worries?" I looked up into his stoney eyes and asked him. He smiled lightly and nodded.

"Yes. Nothing will come between us." He said. I smiled relieved.

"Good!"

"I'm sorry I never told you the whole truth about my father. Like I said, my secrets could kill. I was just trying to protect you." He said.

"I know Jay. I know." I traced my hand up and down his arm.

"And even though we are dead, you make me feel more alive than I ever did when my heart was beating." He said sweetly. I blushed slightly at his cheesy, but kind words.

"I love you." I said and he stroked my cheek again, looking deep into my eyes.

"I will love you forever Kayce." He said, and hugged me close to his chest as I fell asleep.

I had died, Jay was dead, my parents, Alix and Seth were dead; and yet, I had never been happier. I hadn't fully figured Jay out, but I didn't need to. Even if he had his secrets, I knew now that his secrets were what made him, Jay. I didn't need to find out everything about him now, because I had forever to figure him out; and I planned on spending the rest of forever happily with him.