Chapter 7

"Thanks for making me go." Glaiza said to Paul. "Aside from another hand injury, I had a good time." Paul laughed and turned to open Glaiza's door.

"No problem. Be sure to clean that up." They shared a manly hug before Paul turned and walked across the street to his car. I stood in the doorway, facing Glaiza. She's looking straight at me. Invading me. "It's on agenda now." She said with a smile.

I'm an agenda now. I don't want to be an agenda. I want to be a plan. A map. I want to be on a map to her future. But that breaks rule number two.

Glaiza backed into her apartment and nodded her head.

"Later tonight? Your place?" She whispered.

Fine, Glaiza. You can stop begging. I'll be your agenda.

I nodded before closing the door.

Paul drove me home while I stared out the window at the gray expanse of the road. On a road like this, you were moving somewhere, yet everything appeared identical no matter how far you drove. In the mirrored reflection, I saw Glaiza. From the depths of the window, she gazed back at me. The look in her eyes as they stared into mine has never left me.

When I reached home, I showered and shaved and brushed my teeth and sing and put on just enough makeup to make it look I didn't put on any makeup at all. And fixed my hair to make it look like I didn't fix my hair at all. And put back on the same clothes I had on earlier so it doesn't look like I changed clothes at all. But really, I changed my bra and my underwear, because they didn't match before but now they do. And I freaked the hell out as the realization sets in.

Why in the hell did I agree to this?

I started pacing back and forth from one wall to the other, checking the clock on the wall every so often to see exactly how long I had been waiting when my phone receives a text, and the sound startled me, because a text isn't on the agenda at eleven o'clock at night. The text is from an unrecognized number. All it says was:

Is Paul still there?

Me: How do you have my number?

Glaiza: I stole it from Paul's phone while we were driving.

There's a weird voice in my head, singing, "Na-na-na-na-boo-boo. She stole my number."

I'm such a child.

Me: No, he's not here.

Glaiza: Good. You might want to open your door.

I felt a ripple of excitement as I immediately walked towards the door and immediately regretted it as soon as I opened it. I almost walked back out the door, but then it's too late. She glanced up at me, her eyes flicking quickly up and down my body.

"Rhian." Her voice sounded airy and completely unaware of how daring she was being.

My body was burning horribly. It wouldn't take much to get me to move over to her and make the hell out of that lush, delightful body.

I looked away and coughed nervously. With an effort to made my voice sound normal as I ignore my subconscious, scolding me and screaming inside my head.

"You thirsty?" I walked towards the kitchen. I don't know how to do this and I'm scared she'll notice that I've never had a rule number one or two before. If the past and the future are off limits, that only leaves the present and I have no idea what to do in the present.

I walked to the fridge in the present.

"What do you have?" She asked me.

"Tell me what you want and I'll see if I have." I said.