Chapter 17

Glaiza: What are you doing?
Me: Homework.
Glaiza: Feel like taking a swim break?
Me: ??? It's February.
Glaiza: The rooftop pool in that building is heated. It doesn't close for another hour.

I stared at the text then immediately look up at Paul. "There's a rooftop pool here?"

Paul nodded his head but doesn't look away from the TV. "Yep."

I sat up straight. "Are you kidding me? I've lived here for so long and you fail to tell me there's a heated rooftop pool?"

He faced me now and shrugged. "I hate pools."

Ugh. I could slap him.

Me: Paul never mentioned there was a pool. Let me change and I'll see you there.

Glaiza: ;)

***

"You're in a bikini." She said pointedly as soon as the elevator doors opened.

I looked down at my attire. "And shorts." I said defensively. I looked back up at her. "What are people supposed to wear when they swim in February?"

She's still standing frozen, staring at my attire. I stepped inside the elevator and fold my towel across my arms and over my stomach. I suddenly felt extremely awkward and underdressed.

She shakes her head and finally began moving towards me. "I just.." She's still staring at my bikini. "I hope no one is up there because if you're wearing that bikini, these swim shorts are going to be really embarrassing." She looked down at her shorts.

I laughed. So she actually likes the bikini.

She took a step closer towards me and slid her hands around to the back of my shorts, then pulled me against her. "I changed my mind." She said with a grin. "I want to stay here."

I immediately shake my head. "I'm going swimming." I said. "You can go home if you want."

She kissed me for a second. "Then I guess I'm going swimming." She said.

***

I enter the passcode for rooftop access then Glaiza opened the door for me. I'm relieved to see that no one else is out here and I am taken by how breathtakingly beautiful it is. It's an infinity pool, overlooking the city and it's lined with patio chairs, all the way to the opposite end, where it's capped off with an attached hot tub.

"I can't believe neither of you thought to mention this before now." I said. "All these years and I've been missing out."

Glaiza took my towel and lay it on one of the tables surrounding the pool. She walked back over to me and dropped her hands to the button on my shorts. "Paul and I used to come here a lot right after our game night until we got caught up with work." She unzipped my shorts and pushed them over my hips. Her lips are close to mine and her expression is playful. "Come on." She whispered. "Let's get wet."

I kicked off the shorts at the same time as she undressed. The air is incredibly cold but the steam rising from the water is promising. I walked to the shallow end to descend the steps but Glaiza dived headfirst into the deep end of the pool. I stepped in and my feet are swallowed up in the warmth of the water so I quickly stepped in the rest of the way. I made my way towards the middle of the pool and walked to the edge then rest my arms on the concrete ledge looking out over the city.

Glaiza swam up behind me and caged me in by pressing her chest against my back and placing her hands on either side of the ledge. She rested her head against mine as we both take in the view.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

She's quiet.

We watch the city in silence for what seems like forever. Every now and then she'll cup her hands and bring water up to my shoulders to warm my chills away.