Small talk

CHAPTER 4

Next morning I woke up at around 8, and was ready for breakfast by 9. I was really hungry, I didn't had dinner the previous night. I walked down to the dining, a long wooden table in the center of which rested a vase of fresh lilies. I looked around hoping to find someone who'd provide me with something to eat, but couldn't find anyone. I'm sure the British government doesn't cooks for his self, does he? . That would be very surprising.

Maybe he doesn't has many servants, he doesn't likes people around. The slow -silly humans, I snorted. But why can't I see a single one?. I was about to sneak into the kitchen when I heard footsteps at the stairs, I ran back on my seat.

Dangerous?? I'd say gorgeous. He walked into the room with authority, in his remarkable three piece.

"Good morning, miss alia." he said taking a seat at the dining.

I stood up as I saw him approaching me, just to show respect "Good morning Mr. holmes."

"You must be hungry, Mrs smith will prepare you breakfast while we wait... do you fancy a cup of tea?" he asked politely.

Whatever he is THE ICE MAN he knows well on how to treat his guests, at least he'll provide me with breakfast soon. "I don't... I don't drink tea".

He nods and continues reading his paper.

I tried to keep myself busy gazing around the hall, like it is something amusing.

*************

Alia is quite a sensitive girl & he respects Mycrofts efforts & also his privacy. Clearly he is not happy to have guests around & she is no exception, she knows it well after hearing the conversation with sherlock.

She has no objective of disturbing his privacy. As Mrs Smith arrived with the breakfast Alia smiled at her. "I do my breakfast at 9, lunch at 1, then dinner at 8-9 in the evening. That's all I will need, I can stay in my room the whole day, & if possible you may provide me with the supplies directly there." Alia speaks to Mrs smith.

Mrs smith gives a silly smile, thinking how uncomfortable Alia is with the environment & looks at Mycroft hoping he'd say something to comfort her.

As Mycroft listens Alia saying this he frowns inside, "If its your wish let it be that way, although, Miss Alia you can use the other accommodations in the house, there is a library, a pool, a television that may keep you entertained and more, misses smith will induce you to everything i'm sure" looking at Mrs smith in his last words.

Mrs smith nods & gives alia a motherly look.

Mycroft gets up "And just in case you're thinking that you're disturbing my privacy, it can't be. I'm barely at home, which reminds me I've a meeting to attend, have a good day" .

Alia gets up with him "but Mr. holmes you haven't completed your breakfast" she mumbles, food in her mouth.

Mycroft can't help the appearance of a little smile on his lips, it has been years since he last heard someone worrying about him having breakfast. "I'm sorry, Miss Alia but the syria situation cannot wait for breakfast" he explains. "But I'm quite sure I'll be back for dinner"..

Alia nods in complete understanding "have a great day". She sits back on her chair & continues eating watching mycroft leave.

Finished with breakfast, finally a satisfied appetite. she heads back into her room, still numb to do anything. She immerses herself in thoughts of her parents & the memories they have shared & tries hard to sleep.

She since the incident has medicated her pain, fears & insecurities with sleep, she thinks sleeping will make things better, or at least it helps her escape the reality for a while.

She falls asleep by the time of lunch, Mrs smith comes to check & finds her sleeping. She covers her with a blanket & allows her to sleep on her own, she knows she'll be up whenever she's hungry.

Alia gets up by 6 in the evening, she gets of the bed & walks to the washroom to wash her face, she stands in front of the mirror for a while wondering how much everything has changed now.

Walking to the dining she looks around mycroft's exquisite collection of antiques, she asks Mrs smith to give her something to feed her appetite. After a meal she decides to give the idiot box a try to make her feel better, she turns on the television & goes through various channels hoping something would catch her interest, she settles at a channel in which played a soft melancholic music, she sings along 'i hope that i can turn back the time to make it all alright, all alright for us, I promise to build a new world for us two, with you in the middle of it', closes her eyes and leans on the sofa.

The day passes quickly, fixing meetings and making deals with an emotionless face, getting stuff done as it should be, having no time for trivial things. When he arrives home it's already dark and his shoulders hurt from all the tension, he leaves his briefcase on the floor, hears some soft music playing in the background which is unusal, he remembers alia is h home.

He enters the room and finds her lost in her thoughts, he tries to see through her, all that he can see is pain, he imagines if the same was with him & suddenly realises how bad it is for her at her age to tackle things, he's 27 himself but is still hard to think such a great loss. He feels pity. "Enjoying your day, so far, Miss alia?".

She jumps off the couch, shocked by the sudden dialogue, she wasn't expecting him so early. Her constant fear is the reason of her sudden reflexes. She shakes her head & takes a few seconds to understand what he is saying, " Yes Mr. holmes..... how- how was your day?"

" It wasn't my intention to scare you, I'm sorry." he chuckles walking inside & sitting beside her. "My day has been fine, thank you for asking". The man pours two glasses of scotch & offers one to the girl "You look like you need one."

Alia knows she has very bad threshold, even a swig works on her. She starts to roll on emotions & blaber stuff she shouldn't and she surely does not want to spill out on the british government. She takes time to think whether she should accept it or not, but actually mycroft is right, she needs one. Sighs and takes it.

"Are you enjoying your stay?" mycroft questions looking at her into her black eyes.

She looks up at mycroft, he's steadily looking into her. His eyes are hypnotizing, blue, perfect with his complexion making him look more attractive. she shakes her thoughts "yes sir there is a lot to do here, how can i be bored" she lies taking her first swig. And now finds his skin impeccably smooth, she shakes her thoughts & focuses her sight back on the tv placed in front of them.

She obviously is lying but he respects her secrets, he then takes his sip looking at the television. "Look Miss alia" he begins "I know you find yourself in a difficult situation but you need to believe me when I say you are safe. My brother has taken all his will to make your situation as comfortable & secure as possible. we all have demons beneath." he finishes and looks at alia hoping for a reponse.

She nods, her lips stuck to the glass. Swallows as mycroft looks at her & consumes the drink in a single swig. "I need to use the bathroom, will see you at dinner." she gets up fast & scuttles out the room. Her head spinning, she just escaped a conversation with a man who was just trying to to make her feel better. She was unsure of her emotions which burst out momentarily, and she doesn't wants to cry in front of him.

She gets into her room & breaks down in tears, the scotch has worked as charm (sarcasm) she's more impatient now, sobbing uncontrollably, she scrawls on her diary 'Sorry daddy , I'm not being a good girl, Mr. holmes is right, we all have demons beneath, daddy i'm so scared, I don't want to bother him anymore'. soon she passes out.

Not sure about the title, how is it going??

I enjoy writing it, thinking about it. Its like I have created a world of my fantasy. I'm so into this.

Guys you are very precious, love to see the increasing amount of reads in my chapters, thank you.