The run away

Take reference of the previous chapters

CHAPTER 7

Alia spins towards the door "yes sir", happy as it is hard to believe what just happened. She's happy that she dared to ask him. She walks down fast again, skipping stairs and suddenly looses grip of the banister and slips down one stair but before she could fall his arms let out, and catch her and keep her from falling.

Without knowing how and in a fraction of second, with his reflexes, Mycroft has Alia in his arms again, warm and safe - I can't let you fall, can I?  "careful" he whispers, their eyes locked, still having her in his arms, close to him.

She tries but no words come out her mouth, she just blinks quite a number of times before letting herself out from mycroft's arms, she turns around towards the stairs and mutters "Thank you" embarrassed by her own moves. Her heart beating dramatically loud, she herself can feel the new pace and those butterflies in her stomach not sure if its fear or the feeling of what just happened, she walked down the rest of stairs carefully and slowly and soon sits back on her spot at the dining.

Mycroft follows her and sits at his seat, greeted by Mrs smith "Glad to see you having lunch, Mr. Holmes" as she places his lunch in front of him. Mycroft returns a smile with a nod in response. Then he again looks at the girl who is already eating and clearly trying to ignore him.

Not one of them utters a word in a while, but eat in awkward silence. Both having very weird thoughts, of what the other must be thinking. Alia - He might think i did it on purpose to get his attention. While mycroft feels like the girl may think of him as a jerk for not leaving her once she was stable, But holding her tight close to him. Even i don't understand why i did that.

Finally Alia dares to speak "You took off from office today, you okay?" still munching food.

"yes I'm good, thank you for asking." he says once he gulps the food he had in his mouth. Then continues "I thought of giving you some company today, this house is too big and silent for a stranger" he says looking at her then returning his gaze back to his plate. "I can work in my office here in the house".

"oh i see" she replies simply, but in a tone mixed with amusement. What!! seriously this man took a day off from his office 'his worshiped work'  to give me some company, obviously there is no point doubting him but why?. I feel honored but again why? . fine take a deep breath and release, *sighs* Oh i love him.  STOP NOW!! she shakes her head and resumes eating before mycroft could ask her what's wrong?

Mycroft smiles awkwardly again finished with his lunch "has anyone shown you around? I can give you a little tour if you like?" he says.

"No... I mean nobody toured me but i roamed around on my own and I think I know everything" she spoke fast and in a hesitating tone. Stood up and left without thanking any one them, which was very unusual and reflected how uncomfortable she still was. She walked into her room and onto her bed What the hell ls up with me, what I'm doing? Why i'm doing this? EEH! She buries her face in her hands. There is this man , a really good man who is helping me in the worst days of my life and I'm fantasizing about him, How can I stoop so low? 

Mycroft sighs as the girl leaves, "you know what Mrs smith?" whispers "I'll never understand women."

Mrs smith chuckles "She needs time, we all need time to heal and you know it more than anyone" she advises.

While Alia again grasps her diary and a pen noting how low she is falling for The Ice Man, Its strange, Its weird, and nothing is helping. Alright! lets list the bad things about him #1 he's just a giant... ahmm giant ... beautiful man. shucks!! This is hard. I think I should date someone, I should, I need someone to talk to, Who'll understand me and also this will help me get over Mr Holmes.