11| Second Guessing

After 2 hours of waiting, Y/N finally had enough.

Her eyes drift to the basement door. She can't hear anything except the faint sound of his fingers tapping the keyboard.

She wants to go downstairs and be with him, but the redhead made it pretty clear that he wanted to be alone while he worked.

Y/N wonders why. She wonders what he's thinking about, and why he's so compelled to help her through this. It won't be easy. But has anything ever been?

"Meowww." Leaf stretches his legs dramatically, yawning as the girl pats his tiny head.

"You tired?" She chuckles, lifting him off her chest.

She shuts her phone off and takes a deep breath. Y/N tucks her phone in her pocket, but she finds herself standing next to the door, contemplating whether or not she should see him.

She reaches for the doorknob, but pauses. No.

Have some self control.

Her hand falls back to her side. Why does she care so much? He pushed her away and yet here she is, too nervous to confront him about it.

He wants to be alone.

Fine...Whatever.

She walks down the hall, a little too stressed to think of anything else that would clear her mind except a nice, warm bath.

Y/N flips the lights on after setting Leaf on his bed. She feels sort of numb, with her mind constantly racing with endless possibilities. Why can't she ever relax? Every since the incident... she hasn't felt at peace.

Tears sting at her eyes, but she quickly wipes them away. Now doesn't feel like the right time to cry. The frustrated girl quickly draws a bath and sets a towel on the counter. She just needs to sleep.. she's so.. so tired...

The somewhat small bathtub fills almost immediately. And Y/N strips down without another thought, too drained to even think of grabbing clothes.

Her muscles relax as she slowly sits down, displacing the clear steaming water that surrounds her. The heat envelopes her soothingly, but only to an extent. The bath feels nice physically. But Mentally, her mind is still racing.

Saeyoung.

Why does she have to do this to herself? Constantly worrying about him when he can easily forget she even exists in her own house.

She sinks farther under the water, nervously twirling her hair around her fingers until the bathtub reaches its capacity.

So much has happened in such short notice. She never thought she would see the end of her revenge plan, yet alone work with the smartest man she's ever known. Y/N never expected anyone to help her through this... or even care. Just the thought of him caring makes her feel warm inside. She hasn't been close to anyone for a really long time. Even if she tries, she only feels more distant from reality, no matter how hard she tries to fake it.

The girl feels like she can't keep up. She's so lost. Going through the motions, never working for a change, yet hoping something will change.

Y/N has never asked for help, but having Seven at her side makes her feel like she should.

Will it be possible for her to trust someone so deeply again?

A storm of past emotions swarm Y/N before she can wish them away. Her friends, her mother, her brother... her ex boyfriend... all the people she used to cherish so deeply... gone because of her own pathetic pride. She winces at the thought, wishing more than anything to travel back in time.