15| Dark Night

Graphic content included in this chapter!
✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰

Seven lies awake far into the night, staring down at Y/N with heavy lidded eyes.

She's so beautiful, laying tangled in the sheets. Her chest rising and falling in a peaceful rhythm, her expression content. He wants to watch her forever, he could sit here for days and bask in her warmth and love.

He twirls her hair between his fingers, and feels her stir slightly in his arms. But she doesn't wake up. Sighing in relief, he presses his lips against her temple. She's his. He has the most beautiful women in his arms, relaxed and trusting in him completely. He feels powerful with her by his side.

But is it really love? Does she really feel the same? Yeah they had sex, but is that it? Will she regret it in the morning? Being with her feels so right, going on without her after everything that happened would bring him back into the dark place he tried to hard to get out of. This is the first time in years that Seven has second guessed himself.

He buries his face into the pillow, never could have guessing he would even be thinking about a woman this way. So infatuated and intrigued. So dependent.

His phone buzzes on the bedside table.

He ignores it the first three times. He can't bring himself to leave just yet, anything to stay in her arms for another minute. He wants to fall back asleep and forget about everything for just a while longer.

His phone vibrates for the fourth time, causing him to lift his head from the pillow groggily. He checks the message and his heart drops in fear.

Movement detected. Security system-ARMED-

>DISARMED.

Panicking, Seven slowly weaves out of Y/N's grip. With all the warmth leaving her side, she rolls over and pulls the covers over her head, mumbling something in her sleep.

He would have found it cute if there wasn't someone breaking into his house.

Cursing under his breath, he slips back into his clothes. Seven always knew this moment might come, but anger fills his thoughts now that it's causing him to leave Y/N unprotected. He wishes nothing more than to stay with her, but he needs to get back home. He has to protect the information. If the Crown gets their hands on it, they will destroy everything they have worked for.

He has to do this. Finally confronting the past will set him free. This is a matter of life or death, and he knows exactly who he's going to find.

Mary has finally come after him.

✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰

Breath misting into the nighttime air, Seven sets his hand against the scanner. He tries to stop his body from trembling, but it's no use. He got distracted, and now there's an intruder in his home.

He really doesn't know what he's doing, running into his home impulsively with no means of protection--but the information is classified, and nobody can see it but him. Even his superiors.

The panel flashes green, and all the lights in the mansion flip on in one gigantic burst of light.

Seven steps into his cold and empty house, closing the door quietly behind him. It never felt like home, not even once. He thinks of it as more of a prison. He loved every moment he spent outside of it.

"I know you're here Mary." He calls, bolting straight into the kitchen and praying to God he wouldn't find the barrel of a gun at his forehead.

He hears her chuckle from a distance, already forcing open the kitchen drawer and pulling out a loaded pistol. He whips around, stance ready, finger on the trigger, but he can't see her.