23| Blue Light

The two men stare daggers at each other. It's mostly Seven's doing, because Y/N can tell Nol finds it funny by the glint in his eyes.

"You have a boyfriend?" Her brother breaks his poker face and lets out a laugh. "When did that happen?"

"Not long ago." She rolls her eyes. "I guess we both have surprises."

Noticing his silence, the girl tilts her head up at Seven. "Are you okay?" She whispers, touching him hesitantly.

His body loosens at her sweet and comforting voice. He has to keep reminding himself that everything is okay. Y/N isn't hurt and that's what matters.

"Yeah. It's not like I had a heart attack or anything."

Y/N stifles a laugh. She finds it somewhat cute how worked up he's gotten. Not the best situation to provoke him, but still adorable. And somewhat... sexy.

She stands on her tiptoes and presses her lips against his cheek. "I'm really sorry, things just happened so fast."

"It's alright Y/N." Seven accepts her apology, not wanting to present PDA in front of her brother who he just met.

"Well anyways..." Nol walks over to the two of them, holding his hand out to Seven. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Nol. Y/N's brother."

"Saeyoung." He replies, shaking his hand firmly. Nol seems to be just as laid back and kind hearted as Y/N.

"It's good to see Y/N actually have a boyfriend for once." Nol teases.

She blushes, punching him lightly. "Shut up!"

Seven laughs. Despite the age difference, he can tell just how similar they are. Personality and looks combined.

Y/N leaves his side and ushers for him to sit. "Do you need anything? Food, water?"

Seven pulls out the stool and sits down next to her brother. "Im fine, really."

The girl doesn't take no for an answer. "I'm just going to make some mac and cheese for all of us." She sighs, already beginning to take out the ingredients. "It's getting late, and its obvious you both haven't eaten."

Both of the men don't argue, knowing it's pointless either way. Y/N is going to make them food whether they like it or not.

So when she cooks, they spark up a conversation.

"Are you the one who's been helping Y/N with the case?" Nol asks low enough so only Seven can hear. Y/N has jazz music playing softly from her phone.

He nods, wanting to say more but not knowing how. All the years trapped up with the Crown has taught him to never say more than you need to, and preferably, say nothing at all. Nol seems like a nice guy, but Seven doesn't want him to know about his past. At least not yet. He's Y/N's brother, and he wants Nol to trust him.

"Then, thank you." He whispers. "For taking care of her when I couldn't. I don't know how I can ever repay you."

"You don't need to." Seven assures. "I did it because I wanted to. She's a great girl."

"I agree." Nol sighs, watching his sister cook with a smile on her face. He wishes it was always like this, and that they had never been apart. They used to be so close, but now she has a different man in her life. Someone who can protect her, someone who can love her. Give her the attention she never received from her father. Every woman deserves that.   The confirmation puts his thoughts at ease.

"So, how long will you be in town?" Seven notices the longing look in Nol's eyes. He can tell exactly what he's thinking.

"For as long as I need to be. I booked a hotel about 20 minutes away."