13| Taking Off

Y/N sighs deeply, elbow propped up on the car window and the other gripped tightly on the steering wheel.

She is incredibly nervous.

She's going back into uncharted territory, straight into the arms of the enemy. This could finally be the end of her suffering, yet she doesn't feel any better than she has the past year and a half. Why? Because she's become attached to the pain. The girl doesn't know who she is without it. It's been her motivation, the sole reason in her drive since she's lived by herself.

Could she really move on and pretend like nothing happened? She knows she can receive closure, but it's not like these wounds will heal overnight.

Her cuts are deeper than he thinks.

She has Seven, right? Will he stick with her even after the case is closed?

Or will he leave like everyone else..?

Y/N shakes her head in exhaustion. Just the thought of him usually makes her feel safer, but right now it's only bringing her life stress.

Y/N glances his way subconsciously
to find he's already looking at her.

Her eyes flicker back to the road, but she can still feel his gaze.

Worried, Seven takes his glasses off and sets them in his lap. "Are you okay?" He reaches over and sets his hand on top of hers.

Y/N's grip on the steering wheel immediately loosens, but her mask doesn't break. "I'm fine."

Seven grimaces. Was he really expecting an answer?

He decides to leave it for now. They can talk about it when they get back home. She'll have to tell him when the fear of meeting Jumin fades.

He will just do everything in his power to make her feel comfortable now.

"You'll get through this Y/N. ill be right here beside you." He squeezes her hand.

Y/N's lips press into a thin line, halfway between a frown and a smile. It could be either way and still make sense. But she never does. He can tell she doesn't believe him.

He will just have to show her how much he means it.

✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰°✰

Y/N's heels click against the pavement as the pair rushes hurriedly into the building.

"I knew we were going to be late!" She sighs, strain still laced in her tone, but she seems to be a little less solemn.

"It's okay we are only 10 minutes late." Seven chuckles, holding the binder of documents tighter to his chest.

"It's not like this is professional or anything!" She nips back mockingly, though he can see a faint smile engraved in her expression.

"Slow down will ya?" He groans, having to lightly jog to catch up to her. Since when can someone shorter than him walk 10x faster? Doesn't that defy the laws of biology?

Y/N doesn't reply, and instead picks up the pace, not even hesitating to burst through the sliding glass doors if they didn't open.

Now side by side, the two of them weave through the bustling crowd and head towards the elevator.

The restless girl finds herself studying the added architectural addictions. One year can make the biggest difference. The company has grown tremendously and so has its wealth.