22| Its Been A While

"It is with great regret that I am standing here today. But due to the previous incriminating actions of my father, I will now be stepping up as the CEO for Han corporations."

Y/N stands by the television with a grimace engraved in her expression. One hand tipping a glass of wine to her lips, while the other securely holds Leafy against her chest.

Thunder cracks in the distance.

It's late in the evening, and Y/N had just gotten home from her last day of work. She's been granted paid leave for the court sessions, which she's more than grateful for. The girl can't even think straight at work with all that's been happening, much less get any progress done.

Y/N sighs, turning up the volume a few notches to tune out the storm. Being on vacation may be less work on her part, but it's a lot more stress. She still has a chance to testify as a witness. What she says can still make or break the case.

Her eyes focus back on the television in worry. Jumin doesn't deserve this. Y/N knows he's worried about stepping up as the CEO. She knows he's ready, but she also knows he's doing it alone.

Jumin always thought he was going to have his father by his side. But now he's exposed for the whole world to see. His privacy vanquished.

Y/N sets the glass of wine down and rubs her eyes. She can't begin to imagine how draining this must be for him. At least she has the quiet and peaceful comfort of her home.

"What does this mean for Han Corporations? Will Chairman's charming son Jumin, be able to grasp hold of the flaming torch and keep the company alive and prosperous? Stay tuned until 10pm for more. We will be discussing the lawsuits and what this means for Chairman Han."

After watching the segment a little longer, Y/N decides she's had enough and turns the television off. No sense watching the news when you already know what's going on.

She glances at her phone, contemplating if she should call her boyfriend. She misses Seven dearly. A little too much as always.

SAEYOUNG (GOD SEVEN) ♡♡: >
I miss you. Are you holding up alright?

His message makes a smile spread across her face.

But just as she begins to type a reply, the doorbell rings; piercing through the silence and sending chills down Y/N's spine.

Who would be visiting her at this hour? She looks at the clock. Seven's message doesn't hint for a visit. She starts to worry.

Y/N: > Are you here? Someone just knocked on the door...

She waits for an answer impatiently. The stranger bangs their first multiple times, causing the hairs on the back of her neck to shoot up.

She raises her head and sets the phone on the couch, not seeing the message flicker across the screen.

SAEYOUNG (GOD SEVEN) ♡♡: > Don't open the door Y/N. I'm on my way.

"I'll be right back Leafy." The girl whispers, setting the kitten down cautiously and tiptoeing to the front door.

The doorbell rings again.

Her heart is beating fast, the adrenaline pumping so loud she can hear it flowing in her ears.

Could it be someone from The Crown? Had they found out where she lived?