19| Something Just Like This

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too." The girl grins from ear to ear, her smile warm and genuine. It warms his heart.

Seven leans back down and kisses her roughly. Her words ring in his ears, and his senses become fuzzy. He's never been this happy in his entire life.

He pulls back to take a breath, giving Y/N the opportunity to hook her leg around his waist. "I really love you." She pants, lips red hot from the intensity.

Seven chuckles, balancing the girl against his waist. Every fiber in his being wanted to touch her, to constantly feel her warmth. But he knows he can't have all of her just yet.

Y/N tries to return the same roughness he devoured her with previously, but Seven stays in control.

She doesn't seem too bothered by it, but as soon as her hands reach for the buttons on his shirt, he panics.

She whines childishly, as his hands rest over hers and gently move them away. "You're no fun..."

"I don't need that." He whispers, intensity laced within his tone. "I just want to be with you."

Y/N blushes at his seriousness, her eyes darting to the floor. She's quiet embarrassed by his rejection. "I'm s-sorry... I thought you wanted... that."

"I mean... I do." He titters. "I just want you to know... I love you for more than sex, so please don't think that's it. And don't feel you're obligated to give your body for me to love you."

Y/N's eyes are downcast, but he knows she understands. Though he may feel serenity when they make love, he wants to search for it elsewhere. She's just like him inside, but without the lord. And he knows he's destined to help her see what he sees.

"Now don't ruin the moment, and agree with me?" He raises his eyebrows in question, prepared to tickle her if he has to.

She looks up at him and rolls her eyes, though there's a faint smile that goes along with it. "You're an ass."

Seven exhales internally, relieved to have dodged the sexual temptation. He knows damn well if he let her have her way, there would be no going back. He also knows their love can't reach its potential if he takes advantage of her every single time she leads him on. He knows relationships like that don't work. He was born out of one. Saying he loves Y/N isn't enough, and he needs time to show it.

"Am I really?" He asks mockingly, pausing for a moment to stare deeply into her eyes.

He distracts her, giving him the perfect opportunity to sweep her off her feet.

Y/N squeals in delight as he tosses her over his shoulder, like she weighs nothing.

"WE ARE GOING TO MY HOUSE!" Seven declares, tightening his grip around her legs as she flails her arms.

"I need to get my things then!" She cries, giggling loudly as he runs around the house with her on his back.

"I got it!" He yells, snatching her purse and keys from the counter.

"Don't forget my phone..." She points to the sofa. Seven bends down slowly and hands it to her.

"Anything else for you, princess?" He asks completely serious, waiting for her next request.

Y/N tries to refrain from blushing. But she can't help it when he throws around those flattering terms. She feels like a child again, but in the best possible way.