Welcome to King's College

Alexander's POV

The stench of petrol wafted up my nose as I stepped outside.
It was wonderful.

I slapped a $20 bill into the hand of my taxi driver, telling him to keep the change with a smile brighter than the sun. He nodded in appreciation and let me pull out my small suitcase before driving away into the sea of cars on just another busy street in New York.

I was finally free to start again! The Caribbean was phase 1 of my life, the phase where I learnt valuable life lessons that helped build me into the man I am today, now I had entered phase 2, New York, where I would put those lessons into practice.

I stepped forward and for the first time took in where I was. The entrance for King's College loomed above me in all it's mighty glory. I was finally here, after all the work I had put into my literature it was noticed. I was noticed.

I summoned all the courage I required and began to walk towards the massive building's main reception. As I stepped inside I made a bee-line for the main desk, being greeted by a kind woman sporting a name tag labelled 'Martha'.

"Hello welcome to King's College how may I help you?" She smiled welcomingly.
"My name is Alexander Hamilton, I-" I began to introduce confidently before she cut me off.
"Alexander! I was notified you would be arriving today, welcome to King's College." She exclaimed, standing from her seat to shake my hand. I took it in mine and gave a firm shake before she leant back down to her desk. She shuffled through a few files before retrieving the one she needed.

"Here I have your time table, a newsletter with information about all our extra clubs and associations and your room key." She explained, handing me the mustard-yellow folder. "If you would like to take a seat to the left of my desk we have a social committee student coming to welcome you to our school. Don't be afraid to ask for help as you need," She finished, the last part followed with a wink. My heart filled with warmth, if all the staff were like Martha, this last phase of school was going to be a breeze. I thanked her and sat to the left of the desk.

I only had to wait a moment before a stunning young girl with dark chocolate hair approached me. She wore a blue off-the-shoulder blouse and white jeans, her hair in a half up half down style framing her smiling face.
"Are you, Alezander?" She asked me, reading something off her hand.
"I'm AleXander," I laughed nervously. The girl slapped her hand over her mouth and suppressed a song-like giggle. That's when I saw my name written along her hand with a big smudge through the middle.
"I am so sorry! Elizabeth Schuyler, but I go by Eliza," she introduced with a small nod.
"Alezander Hamilton, but I go by Alex," I mocked with a nod. A small smirk danced on her lips as she turned around and ushered me to follow.

Eliza's POV

*squidward* OH NO HE'S HOT!

Alexander's POV

"Welcome to King's college," she began. She led me outside two wide glass doors and into a massive grassed area with winding pathways snaking through and large trees sprinkled along the grounds. Students sat in small groups studying, talking, reading, typical activities.
"Which dorm are you in?" Eliza asked, leaning over to see the folder clutched in my hands. I read the first sheet,
"1776, in the bo-" I began to answer before she cut me off, second time today.
"Omg, I know who your roomie is." Eliza said with the mind-set of a 5 year old at christmas.
"I have a room mate?" I asked her. I thought I'd be getting my own room, oh god, what if it's someone mean or annoying? I need to focus on my studies.

"Don't worry! He's a great guy!" Eliza assured me. Eliza seemed like a great person so if she approved of my room mate I shouldn't need to worry too much.

We made small talk, mainly about Eliza, on our way to my dormitory. I was reluctant to talk about my past, but Eliza's sounded amazing so I was happy to listen. She spoke a lot about her sisters, Angelica and Peggy?

Eventually we arrived at room 1776. I lifted my hand to knock when Eliza grabbed my wrist.
"You have a key?" She laughed matter-of-factly.
"Oh, yes, I knew that." I mumbled while she laughed at me. I tugged a small silver key out of my folder and unlocked the door. Eliza swung it open and the first thing I saw was the most handsome boy ever.

Freckles dotted his face like stars, each expression he made a new constellation was forming. He was a galaxy I'd be happy to get lost in. I would totally-

"Where's Laf?" Eliza asked the boy on the bed.
"Bathroom." The boy replied without looking up from his phone.
"Well I have his new roomie," Eliza said extra loud for this 'Laf' to hear presumably. The boy looked up and his eyes met mine. His eyes were stunning, glossy and wide with wonder. I broke the contact, he probably thought I was a weirdo for staring. Suddenly a tall tan man burst from the bathroom, to our left.
"New room-mate? Ahh!" He announced in a thick french-accent. Did that mean the cute guy wasn't my roomie? Damn it.
This guys seemed cool though, his hair was tied into a big fluffy ponytail and he wore black jeans and an army-green hoodie.
"I am Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier de Lafayette. Your name, mon ami?" This 'Laf' asked me.
"Je' mapelle Alexander Hamilton. Je suis votre nouveau colocataire." I replied fluently. Lafayette's jaw dropped and he squealed in excitement. I laughed, glancing over at the cute boy on the bed and he was still looking at me with wide eyes. When he saw me look back at him he looked over at Eliza, smiling.

Cute.

JOHN POV

*squidward* OH NO HE'S HOT!

Alexander Hamilton. Alexaaander Haaamilton. I like the sound of that. Okay okay time to chill though.
His voice was beautiful when he spoke french, I don't know what he was saying but yum right?

FOCUS JOHN.
I was gazing at him from Laf's spare bed when he looked back at me. He looked back at me, I short circuited and looked at the next closest thing, Eliza.
I was about to speak up when my phone buzzed in my hand.

Horsefucker: We're hitting up the bar at 7

I glanced up to see Eliza and Lafayette had gotten the text too.
"That's a bit early," Eliza spoke up.
"What's a bit early?" Alexander asked as we all communicated through our phones.
"Oh sorry Alex! Do you wanna come with us and grab some drinks tonight? It's just a local bar nothing fancy. Let me add you to our group chat pass your number," Eliza smiled, leaning back against the door frame.
"Uh, I'm underage," he mumbled quietly, typing his number into Eliza's phone anyway.
"Angie can get you in," I interjected, my voice slowly fading out when we made eye contact.
"Oh yeah, don't worry, Angelica can get anyone drinks," Lafayette joined in.
I probably looked like an idiot right now, I needed some alcohol to help me loosen up a bit.

"If I'm not intruding then I-" Alex began to reply before Eliza cut him off.
"Alright great! Laf will help you get settled in, John come with me!" Eliza laughed nervously.

I stood up from my seat on the bed slowly, what was up with her? On my way out I brushed past Alexander and my heart skipped a beat. Soon I was out of the room and against the wall with Eliza looming over me. She was a significant amount shorter than me but was still intimidating.

"I saw the way you were looking at him," she hissed with a playful smirk dancing on her lips.
"Wha- no nope I don't think so," I tried to reason but she pushed her palm over my mouth.
"He's not straight." Eliza muttered, raising her eyebrows.
"What? Did he tell you?" I asked, suddenly super interested in Eliza's next move.
"No, but there's definitely an attraction to guys." Eliza smiled.
"How do you know if he didn't-" I tried to reason but she shut me up again.
"This gaydar has never failed me so far, don't argue." She finished before leaving me against the wall beside Alex and Laf's dorm room door.