Donuts for breakfast

Third Person

John's eyes fluttered open groggily, the first thing he saw was Alexander's peaceful sleeping face, lightly illuminated by the soft sunlight seeping in from the crack in the curtains. He held Alexander tighter and snuggled into the duvet, earning a slight moan from Alex. He slowly reached up and rubbed his eyes, fully opening them to meet John's gaze.

"Morning, Hamilton." John smirked as Alex snuggled into the crook of his neck.
"Night, Laurens." Alex yawned, preparing to go back to sleep. John was about to object but let Alex be for a little longer, wrapping his arms around him as they lay in soundly in Alex's bed.

John couldn't fall back asleep so he happily lay with Alex's slow steady breaths hitting his collarbone, enjoying every second being snuggled up beside him. A solid 15 minutes passed of simply lying in bed daydreaming when the door rattled and Lafayette slowly creaked it open. He tried his best to be quiet, sending John a wink and a nod before shuffling into the kitchenette. John heard the fridge door open and close again, plates being rattled around, and the tap running.

In a minute or two Lafayette emerged with two glazed donuts on a plate, leaving it on Alex's bedside table.
"Made them yesterday," he mouthed in an extremely exaggerated fashion. John mouthed back a 'thank you!' before Laf grabbed his glass of water and changed his shirt, leaving again.

Alex woke to the sound of the door closing and rolled over, so he had his back to John but his arms still wrapped around him.
"Something smells delicious," Alex muttered, finally opening his eyes. Directly ahead of him was the plate with the donuts on it. "Alright I'm awake!" Alex announced, sitting up in bed and pulling the plate onto his and John's laps. John laughed before picking up the first donut and splitting it in half, handing Alex one half. He took a bite of his half and the second he looked back Alex had already finished his.
"Someone was hungry." John laughed, quickly finishing his half. Alex shrugged with a guilty grin, letting John pick up the second donut. Alex moved the plate back onto the bedside table, as John brought the second donut up to their mouth-level and held it between them. Alex caught on with a chuckle.

"On three, 3!" John spoke, before he and Alex took a bite out of either side together. They both hummed in delight at the sweet taste of the sugary treat, savouring every second. When they finished their first bite they started a second, and then got to their third, where their lips met. Alex and John broke away to finish chewing, laughing at each other as they did.
When they had both finished their sections of the donut, Alex leaned in and sealed the space between his lips and John's. They kissed slowly, Alex licking John's bottom lip before breaking away.
"You taste like donut." Alex smirked. John lost it laughing, leaning back against the head board.

"Breakfast was delicious, well," John began to conclude, glancing at his watch. "Lunch, was delicious, but would I be able to use your shower? I won't be long," he assured with a small smile.
"No problem," Alex shrugged, waving him off. "Towels are in the cupboard under the sink," he finished as John closed the bathroom door.

Alex climbed out of bed to grab his computer, crawling back into the cushiony warmth where John once lay once he had retrieved it. He opened wattpad and selected my works, opening his most recent story. Alex wasn't usually one to write fiction, but after he met the crew at King's College, he became inspired to write a short story about all of his friends. It was set after they had all graduated, a small pizza night where they just mucked around and celebrated their new freedom. He managed to write another chapter of 5100 words before John opened the bathroom door and peeked his head out.

"Sorry, can I borrow-" he began to ask when Alex cut him off.
"Shirts in the 2nd draw, pants in the 3rd." He ordered with a smile. John nodded a thank you and waited for Alex to look back down at his work before walking out in just a towel. Of course that didn't last long, because as soon as John moved from the doorway, Alex's eyes were trained on his bare chest and torso, a chiseled pair of abs becoming the focus of Alex's sight. He watched John brush back his wet hair swiftly, pulling open the 2nd draw.

Alex was thankful John had been facing him the entire time, more time to see his glorious abs, but his attention was completely smacked out of whack when John turned around for the slightest second. Alex caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a massive slash-like scar running down the bottom of John's back before he slipped a crimson red sweatshirt over it.

"Hey John," Alex muttered, John glancing up at him for a moment. "Can you take the sweatshirt off again," he asked slowly. John's eyes widened and he shot him a scared glance before he shook off whatever he was thinking and abiding, slipping the sweatshirt back up over his body to rest around his neck. Alex stood up and walked to stand behind John, but John turned around so his back was always facing away from Alex.
"John stay still for a moment," Alex begged, still walking around him.
"A-alex I don't want," John began to mutter, trying to back up into the bathroom until Alex grabbed his shoulders and spun him around forcefully.

Alex gasped at the many many lashes carved into John's perfect skin, the worst part being some were still fresh. John coughed up a sob before trying to turn around, but Alex held him in place.
"Alex, I didn't want you to-" John began to tear up until he felt Alex's soft lips press against his back. Tears prickled Alex's eyes as he kissed every scar he could differentiate on John's back, avoiding the ones that had only recently been inflicted.
"Who did this to you," Alex muttered quietly, his lips hovering over John's tender skin.
"It doesn't matter, I-" John began to argue before Alex held wrapped his arms around John's waist from behind.
"John, tell me," he warned, holding John protectively.
"My D-Dad." John stuttered in defeat, letting the waterworks flow. Alex spun him around and hugged him tightly, kissing away the tears that rolled down his cheeks. They slowly sunk to the floor, John still cowering in Alex's arms.
"He will never touch you again," Alex muttered, kissing the top of John's head and holding him tightly. What kind of monster could hurt John, the kindest, most handsome and genuine man Alex knew? Knowing that it was John's dad infuriated him even more.

"I'm sorry I made you tell me, but this is serious John, seeing proof of you being physically and mentally abused by you dad, I can't stand by and let that slide. If he ever tries to touch you again, he'll have hell to pay." Alex assured, his voice low and serious, a menacing tone lurking behind it.
"N-no Alex don't get involved, I don't want you to get hurt, I wouldn't be able to live with myself," John sobbed into Alex's shirt.
"So how do you think I feel knowing you are hurt?" Alex sighed, caressing John's face and looking into his eyes with a sincere and worried glint.
"But what if you-" John tried to argue but Alex pressed his lips on John's.
"Shut up already, my mind is made." Alex warned, finishing with a warm smile and hugging John again.