Typical lams chapter

A/N That one chapter that no Lams fic can go without... yall know what it is. I'm so sorry but this chapter is so basic.

Third Person

3 weeks had passed since the face-off with Thomas Jefferson. School had fallen back into it's normal pattern, Alex's bruises inflicted by Jefferson's crew had begun to fade, and John was happy things had finally calmed down.
It was a late autumn Saturday night with winter fast approaching and the boys dorms were practically deserted while everyone was out partying away their weekend.

John was one of those people, partying away the weekend. Alex refused to come, stating he had to work on an essay for law as their first big assessment approached. In all honesty, the only reason John had come was because Peggy had invited him and he wanted to look out for her, being the youngest in their group and one of his closest friends. And in all honesty, the only reason Alex hadn't come was because of the storm warning on his weather app.

John wasn't drinking tonight, and as the clock struck 9pm, he decided it was time for Peggy to hit the hay.

"But I was just starting to have fuuun," Peggy groaned as John tugged her out of the bar.
"And the creeps and criminals of New York are just starting to come out of their hideouts. It's for your own safety." John assured, disgusted at how much he sounded like a certain Schuyler.
"Sorry mom, or worse, Angelica." Peggy hissed with a shit-eating grin.

John gasped in fake surprise and picked Peggy up, throwing her over his shoulder.
"You know, I was going to take you out for ice cream on our way home, but you just demolished any chance of that happening." John laughed as he carried Peggy down the street, approaching the college.
"Boo, you whore," Peggy spat, flopping helplessly on John's shoulder. He carried her all the way to the common room between the girl's and boy's dormitories, giggling like little girls about their partners, Maria and Alex. As soon as they stepped inside the common room, a huge snap of thunder exploded in the sky.
"Just made it," John sighed in relief, high-fiving Peggy. "Alright, you get some shut eye alright? I'll be texting Eliza to make sure you go back to your own dorm." John joked, scaring Peggy into actually going back.
"You're bluffing," she called out as she walked away.
"Do you plan on testing me?" John questioned, turning towards the boy's side.
"Goodnight Johnny Boy!" Peggy called out, walking into the girl's side.
"Night Pegs!"

As John stepped into the elevator another boom of thunder cracked the sky like a whip. John's eyes widened in realisation when he remembered Alex. He was alone in their dorm with the storm outside.

I don't want to be struck with a panic attack every time a thunder storm strikes!

"Shit," John muttered as the elevator doors opened. He jogged to their room and unlocked the door as fast as he could.

"Alex?" He called out as the door opened, the pelting of rain pattering outside. He wasn't at his desk, or in his bed. John stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. His eyes fell upon a shaking figure on his bed. John approached the shivering blanket, hearing a small whimper emit from inside it. John peeled the blanket back to see Alex curled into a ball, his eyes squeezed shut, hyperventilating.
"Hey, babe, I'm here," John muttered, sitting beside Alex. He went through a slow breathing exercise to help Alex pace his breaths, inhale, 1 2 3, exhale, 1 2 3, repeat.
John ran a hand through Alex's hair and Alex visibly relaxed at his touch. He sat Alex upright and pulled his little blanket-burrito onto his lap, wrapping his arms around Alex protectively.

"You should've told me, I would've stayed," John whispered into Alex's hair. Alex shook his head before another roll of thunder boomed through the dorm, causing Alex to cry out and bury his face in John's chest. Alex's breathing began to speed up, his chest rising and falling animatedly.

John had no clue what to do, so he began to hum.
What the heck I gotta do, to be with you,
Alex's breathing slowed a little and he relaxed against John's frame, his melodic hums hypnotised Alex into calming down.
What the heck I gotta do, to be with you,
Another snap of lightning surprised both boys but John continued humming as if nothing had happened, soothing Alex.
Who do I have to be, for you to be with me,
Alex was on the verge of falling asleep now. John pressed his lips against Alex's forehead.
"What the heck did I do, to deserve you," Alex sang quietly into the blanket. John smiled with a small giggle, twirling Alex's hair around his fingers. The thunder and lightning died down but the rain was still extremely heavy. The two of them sat, Alex in John's lap, for at least 40 minutes with John intertwining his fingers in Alex's hair before John noticed Alex's breathing slow down. John smiled at how adorable Alex looked sleeping cuddled up against him. He carefully pulled his phone out of his pocket and snapped a selfie on snapchat, uploading it to his story and admiring it enough to make it his home screen wallpaper. Eventually John fell asleep too, still holding Alex tightly.