Another storm

The morning after the storm, John woke with a jolt, quickly noticing Alex in his arms and relaxing against the wall beside his bed. He looked down at Alex in awe, his peaceful sleeping frame and flushed cheeks wrapped in the big blanket. Alex really didn't do cold weather well and had spent a lot of time in said blanket over the past 2 weeks.
John didn't want to wake Alex, but there was no way he could get up without disturbing him.

"Hey," he whispered. "Lex, baby,"
Alex squeezed his eyes shut tight before reaching up and raking a hand down his face.
"Don't call me that," he mumbled with a pout, his eyes still closed as he leaned into John's chest.
"What? Lex?" John asked with a small smirk. Alex hummed in reply before John sighed.
"Well I think it's cute." He finished, smiling triumphantly.
"I think you're cute," Alex yawned, untucking one arm from inside the blanket and wrapping it around John. John chuckled a little, running his hand through Alex's hair.

"Well, I'm awfully sorry to do this to ya but I need to have a shower," John said quickly. Alex groaned and tucked his arm back into the blanket.
"Then will you come back?" Alex asked hopefully.
"No, because then I'm going to the gym, and then we're getting breakfast, and then we can cuddle." John finished listing his plans, picking Alex up from his lap and placing him at the head of the bed. Alex sighed in defeat.

"Well anyway, I'm having a shower, and I'm leaving the door unlocked." John winked before he walked into the bathroom and left the door open a crack. A bright smile grew on Alex's features and he unravelled himself from the blanket, hearing the shower turn on from inside the bathroom. He stood up and tiptoed into the kitchen, retrieving a jug from the fridge. The cold-water jug.

After grabbing the fairly heavy jug he lugged it to the bathroom door. Alex peered in and behind the fogged up glass he saw John's naked silhouette in the water. He chuckled a little, opening the door wider so he could slip into the bathroom.
"Hey John," Alex purred seductively, sauntering towards the shower.
"Hey babe," John replied slowly, keeping his back to Alex as he ran his hands through his hair, dipping his head under the warm water.
Alex approached the shower cubicle and held the jug above his head.
"I've got a little surprise for you, don't look," Alex hummed.
"Ooh, what is it," John asked excitedly, leaning back out of the water.
"It's a surprise, stupid," Alex laughed. John chuckled a little, his voice echoing in the shower. "Alright just, count down from 3 with me, okay," Alex ordered, balancing the Jug as high as he could hold it, considering how short he was he was doing a pretty good job.

"Okayy," John smirked, he had no idea what was coming.
"3," they both said, "2, 1!"
Alex tipped the freezing cold water over John. John screamed as the water hit his back and threw the shower door open.
"ALEXANDER HAMILTON." He yelled, dripping wet and completely naked. Alex almost cried laughing and dropped the plastic jug, turning to run away but John grabbed him by his shirt. Alex yelped as John pulled him into the shower, pushing him under the warm water still fully clothed.
"JOHN!" Alex yelled as the water showered over him and John simply laughed hysterically in reply.
"Revenge," John smirked before pushing Alex up against the shower wall and kissing him. Alex's hands ran along John's dripping wet abs and came to rest on his chest.
"Well I'm awake now," Alex muttered with a laugh as John released him from against the shower wall. Alex stepped out of the shower and stripped off his clothes, hanging them on the towel rack to dry before he left the bathroom, much to John's disappointment.
"We can continue this when you're not butt-naked under a stream of hot water," Alex laughed, closing the bathroom door.

He changed into a new shirt and sweatpants, pulling out his computer to continue on some essay-writing.

After about 8 minutes in the shower, Alex noticed the water shut off. He heard the rustling of John's towel before the door opened. John walked out of the bathroom in just a towel, heading for the chest of draws with his clothes in it.