Well Damaged

Third Person

John glanced worriedly at Alex, concerned in the least. He had been sitting, typing at his computer for a solid 3 hours tonight. Ever since they got back from the beach he had spent every night at his desk, typing away into the early hours of the morning. Nearly a week of this had passed, today being Friday, and John was feeling Alex slowly slipping away.
"Alex, you shou-"
"I have so much work to do," Alex muttered, not even flinching from his position at his computer, in his bed for the first time tonight. It was 10pm and all John wanted to do was cuddle up beside Alex and never let go, but instead they were in seperate beds while Alex buried himself in his work.

John decided to act, after 3 days of being ignored he couldn't let this go on for any longer, especially after the last time John left Alex untouched for 3 days.
"Alex," he spoke.
No response.
"Alex," He called out again, a little louder. Still not even earning a glance.
"Alexander Hamilton." John spoke firmly. Alex looked up from his computer briefly and John met his eyes, horrified at the lifeless orbs that stared back at him, boring into his skull. Alex's eyes were bloodshot, heavy bags drooping underneath them. When John said nothing he turned back to his computer, continuing to type.

John stood up and stopped beside Alex's bed. Alex continued to type furiously. John reached down and snatched the computer away, slapping it shut. Alex reached after it in dismay, tugging at John's shirt to reach it.
"N-no John, I have so much-"

"Alex shut up you're currently the number one student in all your classes." John groaned, leaving his computer on one of the chests of draws. Alex closed his eyes and sunk into his bed in defeat, opening them in shock when John climbed into Alex's bed, straddling him. After crawling over Alex John noticed how thin he was.
"When was the last time you ate?"

"I should really be working," Alex replied, avoiding the subject and looking away.
"What- What's going on with you Alex? I know we just had an insane, wild, weekend, but there's something you're not telling me." John spoke softly, concern laced through his voice while his hands ran along the sides of Alex's body.
"John I'm fine, just let me get back to my work," Alex sighed, still not meeting his eyes.
"Alex, we both know that's a lie-" John began to lecture, his hands sliding up Alex's thighs before he stopped at the feel of something unusual on Alex's skin. Alex gasped and threw John's hands off of him, yelping in horror.

"Alex!" John almost yelled, grabbing Alex by the shoulders. Alex tried to throw John off of him but he stayed put, holding Alex down.
"Stop fighting me! I want to help! Whatever you're going through, let me help you!" John cried, trying to hold Alex down as he squirmed and kicked.
"What if I don't want your help!" Alex spat, his voice scratchy and strained.
"Alex! You need my help," John said quietly, on the verge of tears as Alex stopped trying to push John off of him. John's hand trailed down Alex's leg before sliding up under his shorts. Alex flinched and squeezed his eyes shut tight, a tear slipping down his cheek as John's hand rested over the cuts he had inflicted on his own skin.

"Alex, if what we have is going to work, we both need to be honest with each other. I think it's time we had a talk about how you 'fell' into the pool." John sighed, trying to make eye contact with Alex but he refused to look at him.
Alex coughed up a sob and threw his hands over his face, hiding the tears that flowed from his eyes. John pried away his hands and pulled Alex up, hugging him tightly. Alex didn't hug back, he simply sat limp in John's arms.
"Alex, talk to me, please." John cried, tears prickling in his own eyes. Alex leaned back, out of John's arms, and sucked in a deep breath.

He grabbed John's hands and placed them on the hem of his shirt, pulling it up. He raised his arms to let John pull his shirt off of him and once it was off John gasped in horror, slapping a hand over his mouth. Dark blue and purple bruises splattered Alex's porcelain skin along the sides of his torso. John reached out a shaky hand and traced the bruises ever so gently with the tips of his fingers, causing Alex to flinch and shiver.
"W-who-" John began to stutter helplessly, gazing at Alex with a distraught fear. Alex never met his eyes, opening his mouth to say something before closing it again.