Sixteen - Wanton

Nancy was carrying the sheets through the kitchen when a blurry figure zipped past her. She jumped backwards a step to avoid crashing into the other person, and peeped her head from behind the laundry hamper to see her mistress racing past her as if the devil was on her skirts.

'M'lady?' She questioned with a baffled tone, and barely had time to compose her thoughts, or her surprise, when Mia was gone in a flash.

Nought but the servants entrance door swinging wide open to indicate another person had been here.

Nancy blinked. Was she mayhap dreaming? Surely no such hallucination could be this vivid or realistic. She didn't have long to ponder, as William screeched to s grinding halt outside the kitchen. She jumped with fright as he rasped and filled up the door frame.

'Where,' be puffed out, hair tussled and clothes in a disarray, 'the devil did she go?'

Nancy's eyes bulged. She merely pointed a meek finger towards the servants door. And he was off. Racing past her as the devil himself! Mayhap she ought to have misled him? She wondered when Gerty appeared before her.

'Let em sort it out, lass,' the cheerful woman said, a knowing smile playing on her lips. 'It ought be done for the wee thing needs tha great big lummox more than she knows!' She mumbled to herself as she began fussing over food preparations.

Nancy nodded her head as if in a trance, not quite knowing what the old bat was on about, but thinking it wise to let it be.

***

A few moments earlier...

Mia's eyes widened. 'Don't you dare!' She raised her voice and started struggling further, realising what her husband was implying.

She was loath to realise that a part of her senses were heightened to the silky caress of his voice, the heat of his body seeping into her, the promise of mischief in his eyes, and that devils grin she had not even known she had longed for. Been waiting for. Part of her wanted this; and didn't he just know it.

William let out a throaty chuckle. The vibrations rumbling through his chest and into her. His eyes gleamed something wicked as his head dipped to her ears. His nose nuzzling the spot just beneath, near her jawbone.

'Worst of all, I'm going to make you hate yourself for enjoying it.'

Mia gasped loudly with surprise as William bit down on her neck. He rained down a hailstorm of endless kisses. Aggressive ones that she relished with every bite, nibble and lick. The teasing nip of his teeth on her lobe made her moan and she cursed at herself for letting it slip.

William stilled, his face buried in the crook of her neck, as she clapped a hand over her mouth and cursed in whispers at herself. He chuckled against her neck and felt her body soften against him. The restrained gurgle in her throat telling him she wanted this.

He backed her up until they hit the wall and he looked at her. Her stormy grey eyes had subdued to a glittering silver pool of desire. Reflecting back his own growing arousal.

'Don't stop yourself,' he muttered coarsely, his hand reaching up to brush a thumb over her lips. Her mouth parting at his touch. 'Because I promise I'll make it that much harder. I want to hear you moan, for me.'