Update!

If you haven't noticed, you will now!

I have just updated the front cover of TEK 🥳

As much as I loved the previous cover (and damn if it didn't take a tonne of google searching and editing) it does not belong to me in the slightest (I was also very young and naive in the ways of crediting artists so apologies to the fantastic photographer who has helped serve me for this story all these years).

You may all be aware I am secretly hoping to publish print-to-order paperback copies of this story once it's completed (two chapters and an epilogue to go!)

Thus I began the arduous task of constructing my own front cover.

Story time!

I do not own an iPad Pro/tablet/apple pen/touchscreen Bluetooth pen. I do, however, own a touchscreen laptop that folds backwards into tablet mode and the latest update of Microsoft PowerPoint.

I never really thought about digital art. I've always preferred the traditional tools. Which does not help when designing a cover to upload onto a digital format. So I had a good old Think on what to do, fiddled around on my laptop and started putting a mood board together of how I wanted my cover to look on a PowerPoint slide.

Then I noticed a 'draw' tab.

An hour later, we have the most crude and basic rendition of a front cover! Drawn by my trustee left index finger and a miserable amount of accidentally leaning on the laptop screen 😂.

It's not the best, dear god I know that much. But it'll do and I had great fun doing it.

Now I've begun to think about the benefits of investing in good equipment/software bundle for digital art. I've always wanted to be my own illustrator too, but maybe I should ask someone to design me a cover....hmmmmm.

Let me know what you guys think, if you have any suggestions or ideas. You are the readers after all, and as much as I'd like it not to be true - a book is judged by its cover first and foremost by many.

With much love,
D.Brownie

Brownie

Ps. I'm well aware his leg looks far too chunk compared to the rest of his body. It freaks me out but I cannot be bothered to change it right now.