7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 2

The bottle landed on Jacob Wynn and Cathy Summers. Everyone was hooting and hollering while I just kept my eyes on the two who embarrassedly shuffled to the closet. Turning to Emmett, I ask, “What do you do when you’re picked?”

He explained, “You and that person go in the closet and do whatever—sexual or otherwise.” Oh good God. What have I gotten myself into? I should’ve stayed upstairs in my room. He hastily added, noticing my uneasiness, “Or you could choose to do nothing—just talk or whatever. However, whatever happens in the closet stays in the closet.” I nodded in understanding, but I was still fidgeting. I so didn’t want to do this. “You don’t have to join in right now—everyone wants you to play. Just come back, you hear?” I nodded again, standing myself up and heading back to the kitchen.

As I’m nibbling on a corndog, I look to my side to see a guy with dark, messy hair taking a sip of beer. Noticing my glance, his intense blue eyes met mine, practically glaring. “What?” he asked rudely. I shook my head, turning away as I watch another pair go into the closet. However, he doesn’t let me off that easily with that smirk of his. “You like what you see?”

Cocky bastard—I hate those kinds of guys. I rolled my eyes at his remark, getting myself a glass of Mountain Dew. When he asks the same question, I reply crossly, “What is there to see?” His smug smirk disappeared and he was back to just plain glaring at me. When I hear another round of hooting, I peer into the living room to see Joshua Matthews and Calla Linden heading into the closet, already excited to do whatever sexual affairs they were about to do.

When I turned back around, I noticed the guy already has his hands full with some girl with curly blonde hair and a tattoo of a heart right at her waist (I could see it because the guy was lifting her shirt). As they were making out, I just gave off a disgusted look while walking away. However, their moans were loud and so difficult to block out. God, just shut the freak up! Whipping around, fed up, I ask through gritted teeth, “Do you mind?”

The guy broke the kiss, looking at me with that “back off” look and returned the question in a haughty manner, “Do you mind? We’re in the middle of something. You’re just standing there by your lonesome—so who’s the one who needs privacy, huh?”

I glared back at him, retorting, “This is my house?”

“Huh?” the guy and girl questioned.

“I’m Emmett’s sister,” I informed. “So if you could please, do your business someplace else?”

He groaned, rolling his eyes as he complained to me, “Like it matters—you ruined the fucking moment.” The girl shot me a dirty, accusing look before walking away.

Not wanting to hear another complaint from the guy, I sauntered my way back into the living room where I rejoined the circle next to Emmett. “Hey, you’re back early,” he said.

“Yeah,” I responded slowly, “there was some…disturbing event going on back there.”

“Oh man, must be traumatizing,” he teased.

I rolled my eyes, bumping my shoulder to his. “No—it was just awkward hearing their moans. I’ve seen enough of you making out with that ex of yours last year.”

“Oh, don’t bring that up.” I laughed before turning my attention to the pair that just left the closet.

And just as I’m settled down, the guy across from me calls out to someone, “Hey, Nate! Come on, it’s your turn!”

Much to my horror, it was that cocky player that was in my kitchen. To the side of me, I heard Emmett mutter something under his breath. “What the hell is he doing here?” So that Nate guy is just a party crasher.