7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 25

Hope you like it! xD (not proofread...never is)

-------------------------------

The first sound I woke up to was dry heaving. I sat up from my bed to see Nate hunched up by the corner. He spent the night at my house while my parents and Emmett were out of town; thankfully they weren’t going to be here until tonight, so I wouldn’t have to worry about them hearing the loud noise in my room

 Anyway, the reason Nate was here was because I was home alone and he wanted to spend the night with me (obvious enough). However, this ended up being some sort of Never Have I Ever game night in my room. And while he took the beer bottle, I got myself a glass of sparkling cider—despite Nate’s attempts in coercing me to try it. I won in the end, and it felt awesome to claim victory against him once again, and Nate was completely smashed. I didn’t pick a bone with him and just let him crash on my bed. Within seconds, he was knocked out.

Now, he’s hung-over with a massive headache, continuously dry heaving in the corner. And sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at his arched back, I pointed out, “You know if you seriously start throwing up and it ends up on the carpet, I’ll be super pissed.” He let out an annoyed groan. “So…you should probably continue that—uh, you know—in the bathroom.”

Nate looked over his shoulder, narrowing his eyes at me. “You think I’m actually in a good condition to get out of this area?”

I rolled my eyes. “You were in a good enough condition to get huddled up in the corner,” I snapped involuntarily. Almost immediately I clapped my hands over my mouth, easily regretting what I had just said. “Crap. I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean”—

“You know what, forget it,” he hissed. I took a small, hesitant step back. Snapping to realization, he immediately shot up and ran a hand through his hair and down his face remorsefully. “Damn it, I’m sorry, Jae-Hwa,” he apologized in a low voice.

I shrugged my shoulders carelessly. “It’s fine Nate. You have a hangover. So it’s completely understandable.” He still looked doubtful, but I assured him with a smile.

At that moment, I sauntered over to him, looped his arm in mine, and led him to the toilet, turning my back to him as I heard him continue to dry heave. I was disgusted, I admit, but I still wanted to stay this close to him. When he finally stopped, I turned around, pulling him up to his feet.

“Better?” I asked.

“Much.”

I smiled a little. “Well, you should probably freshen up.” He gave a slow nod before I left the bathroom, locking it behind me.

Flopping on my bed, I stared up at the white of the ceiling, the faint sound of the shower filling in the silence. I picked up my phone on the bedside, checking to see that it’s almost noon. I then stared at the date for a second before realizing it—our one month anniversary.

In all honesty, I was never one that made a big deal about it. But at the same time, I figured that I should at least do something about it—I mean come on, it’s our one month anniversary. That didn’t mean that I was going to be super freaking pissed or go all ape if Nate didn’t know what today was.

While I continued to wait, I thought back to how Alex and Lily celebrated their one month anniversary with a simple movie dinner. It was very traditional, and Lily showed off the floral dress he’d given her. In return, she gave him some horror movie he’s been dying to have. Unfortunately, with me losing track of the days, I didn’t think of anything to give Nate—and I knew he didn’t either. Well we make a wonderful couple, don’t we?—inexperienced.

Neither or us would really care, would we? For me, I wouldn’t make it such a big deal, like I said. So what if it’s my first relationship? The whole anniversary thing can wait after a year has gone. So it’s been a month since a couple started dating; big deal. Anyone could just as easily be in a relationship for one month—but it takes so much more to get it to stay for a year or longer. That’s worth celebrating. But that’s just me.