7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 7

Picture of Lily Barry on the right ------>

and the song definitely reminds me of Nate xD

.............................................

Tuesday mornings. Oh how I love them so…not. When my alarm beeped loudly for the seventieth time, I wanted to throw it out the window. Seriously, I’d be feeling a little less tired if it weren’t for a certain someone. Actually, I blame myself for not bothering to eat at the party—if I had, I wouldn’t have gone downstairs due to my growling stomach. But after Nate and I had our little make out session, I kicked him out of my house after thirty minutes.

Emmett burst through my bedroom door, waking my up curtly. “Why you even tired, Jem?” he asked curiously.

“Um…because it’s like six in the morning?” answered I, my voice muffled with my face buried in the pillow.

“You’re even worse this morning,” he pointed out flatly. “Seriously, what happened?”

“Empty stomach,” I mumbled groggily. “I forgot to eat at the party last night.”

I didn’t have to look up to see Emmett shake his head teasingly and disapprovingly. “We got home pretty early; you had time to eat.”

Pulling the pillow to my side, I smacked him. “Shut up…I have no common sense, okay? Now…let me sleep just a little…” Just before I could doze off, he battered me with the pillow, jolting me awake. “Damn it, Emmett!” I screamed, sitting upright.

He tugged at my arm, pulling me out of bed. “Come on, sleepyhead, pick up something to wear and get your butt downstairs.”

“Yeah, yeah…” I murmured as I snatched my hand away from him.

As I looked at my closet, pondering over what clothes I should wear, I decided on a pair of boot-cut denim jeans, a plain white t-shirt, my field hockey sweatshirt, and black Converse. As for my hair, I simply combed it, trying it into a simple ponytail with a white headband. When I got down, I wasn’t surprised to see Emmett all dressed in a royal blue sweatshirt, Taking Back Sunday t-shirt, black jeans, and white Vans. He always dressed all casual and “cool”—what he’s wearing was specifically his signature outfit.

“You’re looking all plain today,” he teased.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not in the mood to get all accessorized and dolled up,” I replied flatly. “And like you should be talking, you’re wearing that again.”

“I have to wear it at least once a week,” he noted.

Heading to the kitchen, I pulled out a granola bar before slinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking out the house to Emmett’s car. Once we got to school, I headed straight to English. After everyone’s taken their seats, Mrs. Gavin steps in front of the class, her body blocking the homework board.

While she handed us our graded papers, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see Michelle Rauling, one of the gossip girls at school. She was wearing a thing cotton shirt where the sleeves drooped low enough to show her shoulders (and her hot pink bra strap…EW…like anyone wants to see that) along with booty shorts and stiletto heels. Her mascara and eyeliner just tad bit too thick. Her lips were bright red and the blush on her cheeks was all too evident. Michelle’s curly auburn hair was tied into a messy bun. She had a wide grin on her face that made me want to smack her. However, I didn’t let my aggravation show; I kept levelheaded. She didn’t let me speak; rather, she started first. “So…are you and Nate like…an item?”