7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 29

I'm soooo sorry for the exteremly late updates recently, but I have an English assignment, plus I was hit with terrible writer's block again! Please forgive me! :( but anyway, please enjoy this next installment of 7 Minutes in Heaven! xD (not proofread, as always)

----------------------------

Everything seemed surreal. It just had to be a nightmare—it had to be a lie. But I took three tests…and they all confirmed it. And there was no way I could deny the very truth that had definitely created a huge shift in my life.

I’m pregnant.

I staggered backward from the sink, one of the tests in my hand as I looked at it closely—the bright pink plus sign was still there no matter how many times I blinked. Tears pricked my eyes ceaselessly, and they eventually trickled down my cheek. My back came into contact with the wall; I slumped down to the floor where the shock, the trauma, everything overwhelmed me like being hit by a tsunami.

A lump formed in my throat; swallowing and even breathing seemed utterly impossible for me. How could this happen? Why did I let this happen? How could I be so stupid? I couldn’t even think about that night—the night where Nate and I…did it. We were careful; we used protection. I know we did, but if it broke, why? Why did it have to break? Why did it have to happen…especially when it was my first time?

Nate…how was he going to react? How was he going to take it? That’s what scared me the most. But if he really loves me…he’d stay by my side. I know he would. He really does love me.

…But what about Emmett? Oh dear God, Hell would break loose again! He’d be even more furious than when he caught Nate and me. I can only imagine it’d be approximately a million times worse. And when my parents find out, I just know that they’d take away every privilege that I had leftover.

Hell, no girl can hide that their pregnant by the time their belly bulges out. Oh…the snide remarks everyone would spit my way at school. Everyone calling me a slut, a whore, a prostitute, easy, loose, and cheap—lastly, Michelle Rauling, queen of the bitches, would give me more than Hell.

Karma’s a bitch.

My sniffles and hiccupping echoed in the silent bathroom I remained cooped up in. I just didn’t have the nerve to move. My face was buried in my knees, and I was shaking violently with no one around to console me, or tell me that everything will be just fine. But that would be total bullshit. Nothing would be fine, not at all.

I’m just…not ready for this. However, I have to pay the consequences whether I like it or not. Don’t get me wrong, though I’m totally not in any way prepared for having a child, the fact that I have a baby—and it’s mine and Nate’s—I don’t know, I felt…happy. But at this very moment, I was furious at myself, and saddened towards the fact that I was stupid enough not to wait until I was married—that I had sinned greatly.

One of my hands clasped over my mouth as I tried to contain and suppress the short wails I’d let out. My swollen, red, tear-filled eyes continued to stare at the test in my hand. All I wanted was for this to be a complete lie. That’s all I wanted. That’s all I needed.

Little did I know that Emmett walked right into the bathroom with worry etched on his face? My head shot up to him, and his dark brown eyes shifted from me to the test in my hand. “Jae-Hwa…” he began slowly, a faint tone of anger in the back of his throat, “what’s that?”

My mouth gaped open, but not a single sound could escape my lips. Rather, my lips quivered at the thought of him already knowing what it was and what it must’ve already told me. But after an excruciatingly long moment of silence, I whispered, “I’m sorry…Jung-Hee…”