7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 34

Okay...first off...I'm SUPER DUPER SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN ALMOST TWO MONTHS!!! Dx Please forgive me everyone, but I have a legitimate excuse:

I have now started high school, and it's as hectic a life as it ever is for me with me having to go to school so early in the morning and getting home around 5:30 at night. I have very little time to write my stories since I have soooooooooo much homework that takes me until late night!

And I know what ya'll might be thinking: TWO MONTHS AND I GET THIS SHORT OF A CHAPTER?!?!?! AS@#BH@#*THJ @#*%UBJ@#UB!!

Yeah...about that...MAJOR writer's block, so I could only come up with what I originally had in mind for this chapter. JUST BE GLAD I EVEN UPDATED! I know it's shorter than usual, but it's been a while and my writing's a little rough/rusty so bear with it please!

Anyway, I hope you still like and appreciate it! :)

----------------------------------

The misunderstandings between Alex and Lily were finally cleared up after a week since their fight. Everything was all coincidental; Lily’s parents just wanted to toy with Alex’s parents in order to get what they want. However, explaining all this to his parents didn’t prevent their divorce—according to his dad, it didn’t change the fact that his mom cheated on him; it was unacceptable. Upon their divorce, they had fought over who’d take Alex. No matter how many times he argued with them about staying with Jackson or Lily, they still wouldn’t permit him to do so. He couldn’t even run away to either of them.

The unfortunate thing was the fact that both his mom and dad would move to different states from each other at the end of the month (May). Surprisingly, Lily had already prepared herself for their departure (which went by without too much drama). In the end, Alex went with his dad.

Without even realizing it, June had come, my sophomore year had ended, and following the last day of school was Emmett’s graduation. With it being my third month, I still haven’t showed yet, which was obviously a good thing, considering the fact that the dress I bought was in advance (probably a week before my first 7 Minutes in Heaven game).

Em had already left the house to the convention center in which the graduation would be held, a good twenty minutes away. As for my parents and I, we were still in the midst of getting ready. After a bowl of maple brown sugar oatmeal, I headed upstairs to brush my teeth and slip into my mauve spaghetti strap dress, the skirt ending just above my knees. My hair cascaded down my back in its natural soft curls with only the top half tied up into a small bun. Only a small amount of makeup covered my face, and I wore pearl white studs and necklace that my grandma Haneul had passed on to me.

Looking into the mirror, I still looked like the ordinary Jae-Hwa “Jemma” Song who was Little Miss Priss, the typical intelligent Asian, the girl who didn’t like parties, the sister of Emmett whom she had respected greatly. I was still that…but I knew that underneath there was so much more than that. Those who didn’t know me and saw me in this might think that I had everything. Yet little would they know the slight dark circles under my eyes as well as the redness. They wouldn’t be able to see the hell I’ve been through—and they wouldn’t even think that I was three months pregnant. I had changed so much; sometimes I couldn’t decide if it was for the better or worse. I considered the latter.

My face was somber and depressing, but I mentally slapped myself. Get a grip on yourself! It’s your brother’s graduation! Smile for once! Jeez! I heaved a sigh as I gave into my thoughts and attempted to smile, which was not at all refreshing. Anyone could see through that. Even so, I wasn’t going to turn down the mood just because I was being all crappy.