7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 15

Too much freetime so...that explains my many updates xD

The "Oh my lanta" chapter...sorta. Hope you like it! xD

Pic of Justin Chon to the right (a little old to be Emmett but whatever >D ) ----->

 ------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I heard a slow, beating rhythm thumping in my eardrums. I was lying on something hard, but I could feel the rise and fall along with the steady breathing I hear above my head. A pair of arms were wrapped around me loosely, one hand weaved somewhere in my hair while the other rested at the small of my back. The warmth enveloping me was comforting, and it was lulling me back to sleep again.

However, I willed myself to stay awake. I lifted my head slowly for my chin to rest on the hard planes of his chest. From there, I stared longingly at Nate’s sleeping face. It was so relaxed, not tensed up, and most definitely not arrogant. I loved it, and I wanted to press my lips softly on his, but I feared waking him up and that he would return to the overconfident bastard he really was.

Instead, I allowed my fingers to linger on the smooth surface of his face. He shook a little in his sleep, alarming me, but he just as easily relaxed again. I couldn’t suppress a smile at how breathtaking he looked. It was cute. Where was the camera when I needed it? If only it were within arms reach. Though I frowned, I shook the disappointment for me to continue gawking at his face.

When he let out a groggy groan, I stifled a laugh as he started to stir awake. His eyes slowly opened and they locked onto mine. Trying not to get mesmerized by his electrifying gaze, I smiled at him as I greeted in a soft voice, “Morning.” He put on a small smile and I pressed my lips against his softly. After I pulled away, I asked, “Sleep well?”

Nate’s smile grew a bit as he answered, “Yeah.” I couldn’t help but smile back. His hand started to stroke my hair gently as he pulled me in for another light kiss. It lasted for about five seconds, and after that I rested my forehead on his. In the midst of all that, he breathed, “This is nice…it’s comfortable.”

I bit my bottom lip as I fought the urge to agree. After all, he could’ve been using those words to lure me in. Then I finally let my eyes scan his hair. I laughed; he frowned. “You’re hair’s a mess,” I noted.

His eyes flitted up and met mine again in an instant. “A hot mess,” he remarked, a smirk plastered on his face.

I rolled my arms as I tried to get myself off him. Nate’s arms only tightened their grip on me. “What the heck, Nate?”

“Stay here a little longer…” he mumbled sleepily.

I scoffed, teasing him, “Well aren’t you clingy?”

He tugged at my hair and I winced as he had done that and tweaked my nose. “Who’s the one that asked me to stay here for the night?” he countered.

Narrowing my eyes at him, I argued, “It’s not my fault you came and practically broke into my house.”

“Oh is it?” He carried on, “Who screamed my name when you were about to get raped by Gibson, huh?”

I felt my face heat and redden. That was a victory for Nate, but I still argued, “That doesn’t mean I’m clingy, stupid.” Pushing myself off him, I looked at the clock to see that I had about twenty minutes to get ready for school. Ugh…Tuesdays. I slowly turned to him after sliding off the bed in sudden realization. “Shouldn’t you get changed into something…I don’t know…something you didn’t wear yesterday?”

He looked down at his Breaking Benjamin t-shirt and washed out jeans before meeting my eyes again, pulling up a smirk. “What’s wrong with that?”