7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 21

I hate writing semi-short chapters... (-_-)

Anyway, I hope you like it! xD

-------------------------------

Nate and I agreed that this relationship would be kept secret. Only us two, and my close-knit group of friends, would know, but no one outside of that since they’d only spill it to either Michelle or Emmett. So basically…it was more sneaking around, but for dates this time.

For the remainder of our seven minutes, we held each other closely as he kissed me gently and sweetly. And being in his arms was suddenly more comfortable. I guess it was because he’s my boyfriend and we’re in love with each other.

When our foreheads touched, his fingers trailing down my jaw and neck, my breath hitched. Now it didn’t matter if I gave away the fact that I loved this sensation of his illuminating neon blue eyes scanning me slowly, and his kisses and caresses making my mind spin and sending volts of electricity through my body. It didn’t matter at all because we both knew how crazy we were for each other. Words didn’t even need to be said anymore to express our feelings.

A stupid smile formed on my face and I didn’t care anymore because he smiled back too—a real smile—and pressed his lips to mine softly again. I bit my lip when he pulled away, and my face started to numb with heat, reddening. Nate pressed his lips to my ear and breathed, “You’re so beautiful…” My smile widened, and I averted his gaze. However, he lifted my chin for my eyes to meet his mesmerizing ones.

I was lost in those eyes, and when I replayed his confession to me and asking me to be his girlfriend, I couldn’t help but wonder why he loves me, what he saw in me, and how lucky I felt to be in a relationship with him. What made it so special was the fact that this was a first real relationship for us—we’ve never been in one before us. That fact that I’m his first made it seem so…real. And I was so hoping to be his only.

“I never thought you’d seriously commit yourself to a relationship,” I blurted out.

He smirked. “That was before you,” he muttered.

“Sorry, Nate, I don’t do with the cheesy pickup lines,” I said candidly.

His brows rose disbelievingly. “Oh, I never knew you preferred the practical and nonromantic ones,” he gasped teasingly.

I shook my head. “No. Not really. While it’s nice to be romantic sometimes, doing it often will only annoy the crap out of me.” Nate smirked.

“Well, well, well. I love you even more,” he growled in a smooth voice. I was slightly turned on by it. A pleased smile dared to tug at the corner of my lips, but I fought the urge to give into his words so easily.

Instead, all I said was, “Same here.”

He narrowed his eyes slightly towards me, and I gave a small chuckle, pulling him in for another sweet, languid kiss. Our lips moved in sync and when his tongue entered my mouth, I let out a moan. But despite all that, it was a soft kiss, like he didn’t want to dirty this moment with anything more than that. His hands held my face carefully while my hands toyed with his already messy dark hair. Eventually, we were smiling as we kissed each other, and everything felt so right.

“Time’s up!” a voice called out. We slowly pulled away, groaning in annoyance. Did it have to end now?

Our arms still lingered around each other, but by the time someone opened the closet door, we separated so fast that it was a blur. A look of disappointment was etched on our faces, but we easily replaced it with an indifferent façade as we stepped out the closet.