7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 11

This is more of a filler chapter, but I hope you like it! xD

-------------------------

My soft curls were a hot mess. After slipping out from under the blue satin covers of my bed and across the hall to the bathroom, I stared directly at my cruddy reflection. I spent ten, maybe twenty, minutes just staring at my reflection with an indifferent expression spread across my face. And after such long contemplation, I thought, Freak it, I’m putting my hair up in a ponytail.

I walked back to my room, picking out an outfit for when my friends come over to hang out. As anyone could expect from me, I picked out a Paramore t-shirt and dark, denim blue jeans along with a thin, black jacket. And after brushing my teeth, washing my face, and all that jazz, I rushed downstairs the second the doorbell rang.

Before I could get my hand on the knob, my mom emerged from her room upstairs. From the railing, she asked, her hair mussed, and her voice groggy, “Who’s that?”

Without needing to look out the window, I answered, “Jackson and everyone else.”

“Where’re you going?”

I gave a twist of my lips, thinking through on where exactly we’re going. Neither Jackson nor I had said word about it. I looked back up to her and shrugged uncertainly. “We never really thought it through,” I confessed.

“Uh-huh…” she sighed before scratching the back of her head and walking back in her room. That is, after calling out to me, “Be safe!”

“I will!” I called back. Seriously, like I didn’t need to be told that a bazillion times in my lifetime.

Once I opened the door, Jackson came bursting, charging at me, but I avoided him quickly enough for him to nearly hit the wall. Alice and I stifled a laugh. I peered over the door to see that Alex and Lily weren’t here, and before I could bother to ask, Alice answered, “He’s is taking her out for a movie.” I nodded in understanding. Hopefully he’ll have the guts to get out the Friend Zone by the time their little “date” is over.

Closing the door with my back leaning against it, I asked casually, “So…where’re we going?”

Jackson whipped around to face me before suggesting, “Let’s go to some music or entertainment store. We haven’t been in one in a year.” Alice and I exchanged glances.

“Let’s do it,” I agreed, trying to act all pumped up with a wide grin on my face, filled with laughter. Jackson raised an amused and quizzical brow.

“I thought you weren’t a morning person,” he pointed out.

I merely shrugged. “I’m not, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be a bit…upbeat one morning, right?”

He folded his arms across his chest, examined me closely, squinting his eyes. Then his bright blue eyes widened, and he held a hand to his mouth. “Jemma!” he exclaimed in a teasing, yet accusatory tone. “Are you on your period?”

I cringed at the sound of it. As a matter of fact…I was. And only Jackson would be able to catch that I’m a bit more of a morning person when I’m on it. Not to mention, I was acting so out of character—too…pumped up I guess. But honestly, it annoys the crap out of me when Jackson points it out so candidly, loudly, and carelessly.

Realizing just how spot on he was, he grinned a Cheshire grin. “How disturbing…” I muttered under my breath. That only caused his grin to widen. I rolled my eyes, reopening the front door and striding over to Jackson’s red Volkswagen. I slid to the backseat and let my legs take up the rest of the seat space, my back to the door.