7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 32

Here you go! Chapter 32! I had some freetime so...yeah. Again, it's not as good as my older chapters have been and it's not proofread. But I hope you like it! xD

---------------------------

The next thing I knew, it was already Monday, the beginning of yet another week in high school…and the beginning of my ultimate hell… My family and friends insisted that I stay home if I still felt uneasy. But I didn’t want to hide nor run away from that kind of thing. I didn’t want to be a coward; I had to face them head-on. While I understood that suddenly doing this wouldn’t be the best choice, I wanted to overcome whatever everyone at school had to throw my way. Yes, their insults laced with poisonous venom will no doubt offend me. However, I wasn’t going to let them win against me. I had to be stronger than falling to my knees before them, begging for their phony mercy.

I put on a plain white t-shirt, slipping on a light sweatshirt, not caring about the weather; I just wasn’t in any mood to get dressed up or put on any makeup. I wore my typical dark, washed-out skinny jeans and black converse shoes. As for my hair, it was put up in a lazy ponytail. Downstairs in the kitchen, a bowl of oatmeal awaited for me, and my brother was already consuming his own.

As soon as he caught sight of me, I flashed a genuine smile that said, “Everything’s going to be all right”. He smiled back and pushed my bowl over in my direction as I picked out a spoon from the drawer by the stove.

Sitting myself down on next to the island and Emmett, he asked once more, “Are you sure about this?”

After blowing on my spoonful of oatmeal, I replied dully, “I thought my smile said it all?” before taking it in.

He heaved yet another uncertain sigh. “Okay…just text me if you feel like you should go back home.”

Rolling my eyes while giving his suggestion some consideration, I replied, “Sure thing. But I’m pretty sure I can hold up. Just you see.”

Pulling up a smirk, he teased, “Getting a little overconfident there, aren’t you?”

I narrowed my eyes at him slightly. “At least I’m not being so depressing like I was during the weekend.” His expression didn’t change towards my remark. Rather, he ruffled my hair, urging me to finish my oatmeal before heading out.

As soon as we approached school grounds, I immediately felt some sort of intimidating pressure in my chest. My heart and head were screaming for me to turn back and head home; I disregarded it. That’s right…no matter what; I can’t surrender to the likes of them—for the baby and my sake. Taking slow deep breaths, my racing heart slowly steadied into its regular, human pulse.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Emmett eying me carefully, aware of my slight uneasiness. But he didn’t dare ask if I was sure about it for the hundredth time. And after five awkward, silent seconds, I finally stepped out of the car, him following afterwards.

Again, I took deep breaths in and out before turning around to face the very school building. No one had taken notice of my presence, but it’s pretty obvious that the moment I step about five feet away from Em’s car, all heads would turn my way. Calm down…I reminded myself. Deep breaths…in…out…in…out… What in the—now it’s like I’m practicing breathing for labor! Oh, get your act together, Jemma! I mentally slapped myself as I took small, slow steps toward the school. And my thoughts interrupted me yet again. Dummy, if you’re going to walk to school in such a depressing way, then you should’ve just stayed home…

I heaved a sigh. Could I get any more pathetic? Yes. It’s in my nature to be such a thing: pathetic, annoying, a total pain in the ass, a bitch, a prude, a huge priss, someone who people would wish to be erased from this universe, hated, someone who people wish would just fucking kill herself. I’m sure everything thinks that of me. I know that I should at least be more “exciting”—like more of a rebel than I really am. But could you blame me? Think about my background and the family I was raised in. But then again, I know what you’d be thinking then: Shouldn’t I just have been another Emmett-like character? Well, not exactly since my parents are very…strict when it comes to me since I am a girl. That’s just how they are.