7 Minutes in Heaven Chapter 12

It started with Fye, the entertainment store. I swear it’s my library for music, movies, shows, anime, Korean drama, and videogames. Well actually, Game Stop is my library for videogames, but back on topic, it started with Fye, my favorite media store. Jackson, Alice, and I were browsing the store like usual. Thomas Gibson, cashier and fellow friend of ours, leaned on his counter, and teased us with his usual greeting, “Back here again I see. Do ya’ll have like…no life?” We rolled our eyes at it.

“It’s been a month, Thom. Proof we have lives,” I teased. He returned it with a smirk.

Thomas Gibson was…well…he likes me…a lot. However, he knows that I’m not entirely interested in him; I mean I feel bad that I can reciprocate his feelings, but I can’t go out with him because I pity him. Now that’s just wrong. It’s cruel and I don’t roll that way. That didn’t stop him from trying to flirt with me.

Here’s the gist about him. He’s almost six feet, he’s got dirty blonde hair with green eyes, and his chin and upper lip was slightly stubbly. Thomas has a bit of a stocky build, but not completely muscular like Nate (though Nate is pretty skinny…and I hate to admit that last part). Thomas is like five years older than me, which makes him twenty-one. I know that age doesn’t matter, but for someone that age…he’s a little too immature and a bit vulgar. Really though, he’s nice but sometimes he’s just…out of control. So how is it, that he’s a fellow friend of ours? Well, as I’ve stated before, we stop by Fye like a lot. We’re regulars here and I guess we ended up having some kick-ass conversations. Eventually he had this interest in me, but I let him down easily. Again, that didn’t stop him from trying to flirt with me.

Anyway, I was looking through some old CDs by Three Days Grace, You Me At Six, and Paramore when I felt someone come up from behind me, towering over me. “What is it this time, Thom?” I asked, half-annoyed, half-teasing.

He rested his chin on my shoulder and asked, “Go out with me sometime next week?” I shook my head. “Tonight?” he tried again.

“Not a chance,” I answered bluntly. He pouted. “Sorry, but I’m just not interested.”

Thom drew in a long, deep breath before daring to persist, “Can’t you at least give me a chance?”

“Sorry, but no,” I replied flatly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I shook him off me. “Seriously, I’m not up for your teasing me. I’m not interested.”

He let out a disgruntled groan as he released his arms around me. Then Thom struck me with another question as he gently leaned against the CD racks, “So who’re you interested in?”

I turned my head away from him as I looked at the cover, back cover, and opened the Sinners Never Sleep album by You Me At Six and bit my lip. Josh Franceschi was just too freaking cute! But that wasn’t exactly why I bit my lip.

“No one,” I answered after a moment’s hesitation. I knew he wouldn’t buy into that crap though.

“Yeah sure…no one…” The way he said “no one” irritated the crap out of me.

I gave him a look. “I’m serious,” I lied. He raised a brow. “I’m interested in Josh Franceschi, okay?! God damn, Thom!”

He still didn’t buy into it, despite how hard I tried to sound and look convincing. “Jemma, we both know that you’re not fan girl crazy over You Me At Six and its lead singer.”

I really wasn’t, but I kept up the charade, “How do you know that? Who knows?”

Thomas rolled his eyes irritably and replied through gritted teeth, “Because you’re not that kind of girl.”